Menu
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sony xperia m4 aqua problems

Hi all

Just thought I should share this hopefully it will give people advice on the hopeless phone called the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua.  The phone is a nightmare with sony not really giving a dam with its faults from new it has had a problem with the camera now if you have this phone it will tell you that the camera is not working,  this is a major problem with the sony xperia m4 aqua (just look at the Sony forum).  Vent over now if you have a phone like this make sure you have a PC/Mac as you will be using the PC companion software a lot my phone has had the repair program run 8 times and still has problems with it.  If only I was not locked in with this phone I would change to another.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony xperia m4 aqua problems

Hi WarpedMedic,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having so many issues with the phone. I want to help as much as I can.

Can you let me know how long you've had the phone for? I want to see what our options here are.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi warpedmedic,

If you still need any assistance, feel free to ask Smiley Happy

Hopefully I'll speak to you soon.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the M4 Aqua, It has a variety of faults that range from heating up to like what you have said about the camera which is probably one of the worst I have seen, The video is a waist of time and has focus issues, It cannot function properly in any low light situation, I am finding memory to be a problem and sometimes whilst in an app it jumps out of it, The keyboard is a bad experience on this device and have experienced lots of lag, I think an update to enhamce the camera and video will rectify that problem, The processor is why the back heats up the only way to get around this is not to play games on it, Overall I am not happy with this device whilst it does look good I think the handset should be removed from sale until it works as it should, At this time the handset could set you back £170 which is a disgrace as it is not worth £5.

Tee2016
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the same camera faults,it will not store at all - just a little pink line going round and round.  Not able to take video and mine keeps saying the storage is full and move to SD but it doesn't let me! Bought a new SD card and still it doesn't let me. It now boots my off apps as well. Funnily enough my partner has the same phone and  CAMERA PROBLEM with his phone too!.   I've had mine since Nov 2015 and he since Jan 2016.

I sent mine into Virgin as it was still in warranty but they didn't fix it, not even sure if they looked at it! Instead they sent my phone back saying there was a crack in the case and that had invalidated the warranty.  They also said if I wanted to pay £66 to fix the crack they would then sort the fault. Ha ha that's funny was my reply and...as far as I was aware there was no such crack.   I told them I wasn't bothered about a crack and that I hadn't even seen it. Asked them to just sort the phone as it had been getting worse for months, they said they couldn't repair the fault unless I paid £66.   I said no because that wasn't the problem, they sent my phone back.  

On receipt of my phone I immediately searched for the crack and surprise...NO crack to be found. Passed it to other members of my family and NOPE, they couldn't find the crack in the casement either...hmmm.   I'm thinking - cop out by Virgin.   I have however found a small scratch on one corner only - which was a surprise as the rest was perfect as I'd always kept it in a case.

I phoned Virgin twice this evening  ( on a borrowed mob ) and asked for the Technical dept email address as I have no phone during the day and that dept is closed when I get home after 5pm.   TWICE the phone was put down on me when I said I didn't need to give them my details as I was asking for email info.   

Two phones with the same problem !! I AM taking this further

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tee2016,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that

you have been affected in this way and that you haven't been able to get in touch with our Mobile Tech department when calling in after 5pm--this department is open until 8pm.

I can see that since you posted to us you have been successful in speaking to one of the teams about the repair issue. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
allsports69
Just joined
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Similar faults with heating up on mine. It was still in warranty but Virgin wouldn't fix it. Instead they sent my phone back saying there was damage to the case and that had invalidated the warranty. They also said if I had to pay £66 to fix the case before they would sort the faults out.

When I sent it I KNOW that there was no damage to the case Now there are four ridiculously small pinpoint pressure marks (in a rectangle) with radial thread marks - bumps UPWARDS coming out of the surface of the phone.
I feel conned so I'm not paying £66 in principle and will revert to an old phone. I do wonder what trading standards experts will think about it when I show them the bumps on my phone.... Well what else can you do?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

And there is NO email address for, customer services, complaints or technical support sadly
Contact via phone or snail mail, the address is via the cont us link at the bottom of the page
0 Kudos
neenzatank
Just joined
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also had problems with this phone super heating when charging. Virgin said they would fix it, charged me twice to have it fixed due an administrative errors then sent it back and said the crack in the phone was the reason it would no longer work. There was no evidence that the phone had been examined. I suspect that it was a simple case of not wanting to replace as it sounds like the overheating is a common issue.

It is a shame as I really liked the phone and thought the camera was good Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
homeboy10
Just joined
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

this phone is no good

1. not enough  memory

2. overheats

3. microphone  goes   wrong

what ever you do dont buy a sony phone this my 4th phone and they gone wrong.

and I am paying on contact and all their talk about is paying  to fix it I am sure they

are driving  around in a Bugatti.

0 Kudos