Menu
ryanb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia Z3 headphone socket problem

This last week my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact's headphone socket has been playing up. i can hear crackling through my headphones and the slightest movement will cause the audio to stop.

On searching the Internet it's easy to find hundreds of other Xperia users who suffer from this issue. Most send their phones to Sony for repair and find the problem soons comes back.

So why did Virgin Media offer me and their customers a phone which obviously has hardware issues?

I feel stuck now because if I send the phone back to Sony it could take up 3 weeks to repair...only to likely break again!

Is there anything that can be actioned as I'm in a monthly contract and about a year into my 2 year contract?

Any help greatly received.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 headphone socket problem

I take it you have tried a different headset?

you can always call 789 and go through virgins diagnosis and get them to repair it, but to it may not be a faster option, also I'm sue if virgin were aware when the contract was placed with Sony they would not have bought them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 headphone socket problem

Hi ryanb

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your handset.

Just over to our Phone Fix page here to run through some diagnostics.

If we need to repair the phone for you, the good news is we aim to have the phone back to you within the week, so you won't be without it too long!

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos