Menu
ce017995
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia Z2 not switching on... again

A few months back this happened and despite advice from tech support like pressing the on/up-volume buttons together for 10 seconds or pressing the red reset button for 10 seconds, I wasn't successful and it was sent away in a phone ambulance and fixed, great.  Unfortunately this has happened again, so does anyone know of a way to fix this?

The screen is blank and the only light showing is a red light on the top when a charger is connected,  Apart from that, nothing.

My biggest problem at the moment is that I am job hunting and my mobile number is plastered all over my CV and with every recruitment agency I've registered with in the last few months and I'm missing it badly, in a kind of "I may miss out on a job if they can't contact me" kind of way.

I would have arranged to send this for repair on Saturday 28th in the morning except that current system upgrades prevent any such assistance. Fair enough, I can understand that, but after trying to do the same today, it's now Wednesday 1st April before I can even log a service call and this could mean I won't get it back until way after Easter, so any assistance would be fantastic.  

I don't have another phone to transfer my SIM to so I'm stuck,

If I accidentally smashed my phone I'd probably accept this as unfortunate timing, but it's so much more frustrating when  it seems to have developed a habit of just deciding not to work any more.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 not switching on... again

Hi ce017995,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you're having the same problem again.

I understand it's a difficult situation due to the current circumstances. I'm afraid the only way we can fix this for you is by bringing the phone in for repair. The team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 will be able to get this sorted for you.

Are you able to borrow a phone from a friend or family member to tide you over?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

ce017995
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Customer services reopened on Wednesday April 1st after delays with a systems upgrades so I've phoned them and my mobile was collected yesterday.  I also managed to borrow an old phone so all good, finding one that was unlocked was a problem for a while though.  

Thanks for responding

Carl

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl

It's great to hear you've been able to get the repair arranged.

I'm also glad to hear you've got a handset to use in the meantime.

Let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos