Menu
Paynetw
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia X - Battery ?

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my contract and decided to go with the Sont Xperia X, because of its two day battery life.

However day one, and a few hours in, my battery has reduced from 100% to 56%. There is no way at this rate the battery will last 2 days. I've turned on stamina mode and this doesn't seem to help at all.

Should I just count my losses and just cancel the contract and move on? Or are most phones like this these days?

I like the phone just so disappointed with its promised battery life. I need a phone to last more than 10 hours!

Many thanks

Trevor

0 Kudos
Paynetw
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia X - Battery ?

Also, I have 14 days to cancel the agreement. Does it matter that I've used the phone for a few hours.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia X - Battery ?

Hi Paynetw

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the battery life on your new Xperia X. There are a few suggestions I'd like to make:

• Certain features can be very power hungry so it's best to monitor their usage, these can include features such as Bluetooth, GPS or even if the screen brightness is set at maximum.

• Specific apps can also impact the battery life as well, whether it's apps that require regular updates throughout the day like Facebook or even games like Candy Crush or Pokémon GO.

• It's also worth checking that the phone is charging correctly as this can also contribute to a shorter battery life.

• You can see a breakdown of what is using up the power on your handset by going into the Settings and selecting Battery. Here if you tap on SHOW BATTERY USAGE, you will get a better idea of what might be causing your battery to deplete.

Should you continue to experience issues by all means give our team a call on 789 from any Virgin Mobile or 150 from any Virgin landline. We can also be reached by dialling 0345 6000 789 from any other number.

Let me know how it goes.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos