Menu
ken27
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia M4 text messaging

Is there a limit to the number of characters you can send in a text message before it converts to  MMS and results in a charge?

This was the case with my previous phone (Samsung) and there was a message on screen when limit was exceeded but this does not seem to happen with Sony

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sony Xperia M4 text messaging

Hi Ken27,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

We meet againSmiley Happy

So you went for a Sony Xperia M4 in the end. Good choice, been contemplating a Sony upgrade myself.

In regards to your text message query. You have a maximum of 160 characters per text. If you use more than 160 characters more than one message will be sent, and you'll be charged separately for each message You can send up to four text messages at one time (so that's using 640 characters).

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ken27,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

We meet againSmiley Happy

So you went for a Sony Xperia M4 in the end. Good choice, been contemplating a Sony upgrade myself.

In regards to your text message query. You have a maximum of 160 characters per text. If you use more than 160 characters more than one message will be sent, and you'll be charged separately for each message You can send up to four text messages at one time (so that's using 640 characters).

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

ken27
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for simple & precise explanation

Ken
0 Kudos