Menu
kmbird
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua with free Android Tablet offer

Hello,

I took out a 24 month contract with Virgin for the above phone. As part of the deal I was promised a tablet. I have seen from previous posts that some people received the wrong one. However I still have not received it and I took the contract out in December 2015.

Has anyone else had this please? Virgin mobile are acting as if the promotion never existed.

I have had all the problems including, internet connection issues and especially the data storage which I know have been commonly reported on here.

After continuing with these faults and now being told basically "tuff" by virgin mobile I am strongly considering speaking to BBC 3 counties, or Watchdog, trading standards or the ombudsman. But before I do, I would like to know of any one else who feels cheated and conned.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua with free Android Tablet offer

Hi kmbird

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your free tablet not being received.

Could I just double check you're referring to an order placed back in 2015?

Did you raise this with us at the time?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kmbird
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mark

Thank you for your reply to my post.

Soon after receiving the phone in December 2015 we did call Virgin Mobile and report that the tablet was not included, and were told that it will be posted out to us and apologies for the mishap. However even by March 2016 we still had no received the tablet and called Virgin to report. This is supposedly the first time of us reporting this, but we know that it is not. One of the reasons we took out this contract was because the package including the contract, phone and tablet seemed like a good one. If we had known we would not have received a tablet, we may not have taken out this contract.

We have contacted Virgin about this several times and even been into our local store, to only be told that we should have been entitled to the tablet but it was possibly missed off our order when processed (which we were unaware of) and that we would need to call the customer services department.

As many customers will agree calling the customer service line is not a quick task, when we rang up about 2 weeks ago it consumed 2 hours of our Sunday afternoon and were cut off by Virgin 4 times in this period. At this time we requested a copy of the transcript when the contract was taken out in December 2015. The manager 'Jack' said he would do his best to investigate this. We are still waiting to hear from him.

We would be extremely grateful of any help you can provide Mark to resolve our issue and restore our faith in Virgin Mobile.

Kind Regards

Kerri

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi kmbird

Thanks for your reply and updates on this.

Once again I'm really sorry you didn't receive this.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kerri,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have raised an exception form in order to escalate this to our mobile marketing department who will look into this for you. I will be back in touch when I receive an update about the tablet.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
kmbird
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thank you for your reply and raising this with the marketing department.

Can you please advise how long we should expect to wait for an update?

Kind Regards

Kerri

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kerri,

Checking on this escalation, the investigation has concluded and the tablet request has been rejected as it looks like you were signed up on a bundle that wasn't eligible for the tablet.

If you have confirmation that you were offered the tablet with your mobile contract, please screen shot this and send it to me in a PM so that I can dispute this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've sent those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm they've been received.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us direct on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
kmbird
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contract taken out over the phone? Can you get a copy of what was agreed?

Hello

I took out a contract with Virgin in December 2015, however I have queries on the deal/contract that was verbally agreed to.

I have tried to request a copy of the conversation when speaking to the virgin customer services team, however they have not been helpful in providing this.

Please may I ask if anyone has been successful, and how they went about it please?

thanks very much

kerri

0 Kudos
space_cowby
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract taken out over the phone? Can you get a copy of what was agreed?

Hi 

I cant help with resolving really but we had the same offer, M4 Aqua with free tablet. We had the tablet for about 3 weeks and sold it on Ebay. It was rather poor tbh.  It might not be worth the aggro of trying to resolve to get something that is not much good, ironically like the M4 Aqua phone !