Menu
Crazycarey
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua memory

I have been trying to contact VM via the phone and have been hung up on. The phone stated says it has 8GB of storage, I have a 32GB SD card but I can not install most things to it. I have only had it three weeks and my phone is telling me it is out of memory.

I contacted VM within my 14 days and they suggested to try a couple of thing. Now it is just my problem according to customer service.

I have been told to email here and phone there or write, I have received no reply.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 had no problems with all of my apps, I can just about run 40% of my apps and even then it freezes, for an octa core processor it is a useless phone and I  have tried to move my apps to my SD card but the phone does not like it, The only choice I have is to Root my phone but it is new

Thank you

Takecare all

PBoakes
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua memory

It'snot just your problem, mine is exactly the same. Not fit for purpose and yet Virgin are still selling it

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PBoakes,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message.

There does seem to be some memory being used up by the system here, any non media data would be saved into the internal memory. External memory would be agood option here and maybe to check on the apps data that accumilates in the cache. Can you give this a try and get back to me?

All the best and thank you for coming in.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PBoakes
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a 32 GB external memory card in the phone. All the things that can be saved on it are. I also clear the cache every day and a short while later the phone says its 85% full. If you look on the sony forum it says the phone has 1.26 GB of useful memory. I was told that this was an ideal phone for what I used it for by the sales person. It isn't. This is my 4th contract phone from Virgin Mobile and its not fit for purpose

0 Kudos
Bella55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not only has Sony failed to allow apps to be moved to SD cards they do not even want to help. Like many people l cannot move apps to my SD card and have to put up with Transfer data to SD card coming up on my phone all the time. When l did manage to get some apps moved my SD card was not recognised. Virgin sold all its customers these phones expecting them to be able to move apps to the SD card but you cannot. My SD card has plenty of space but the phone will not let you move them.If anyone has found out how to do it PLEASE let me know. The Sony Aqua M4 has failed all its customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PBoakes,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your Sony Xperia M4 Aqua memory. 

@Bella55 has posted some helpful information about this if you'd like to check out the post: SonyXperia Aqua M4 apps to SD card.

Please let us know if this is something that you can try. We would always advise anyone running updates on their device to make sure to back up your data, so that you don't lose anything important or irreplaceable. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bella55
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have to download the Xperia companion from the apps available in Google play store on to a computer connect your phone with a USB cable and you also have to go to device connections to allow the transfer. I spoke to a Sony rep on my chat line in Sony support which is free whilst your phone is under warranty. You can phone but l am deaf. They will guide you through the updates. I have had problems with 32 gb micro cards and found the 8gb the best. Virgin only sell you the phone, but this new android update to 6.0 is great and allows you to transfer the data. Make sure you get rid of any space taken up with apps. disable them because if you do not have .8 free on the phone 6.2 will allow the update it will not work. I am stuck with my phone till 2017 and l want to be able to use it. Who knows you might be able to use the 32 gb after the update. Good luck.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos