Menu
Daveg14
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony XZ Question Tv App

I am thinking of getting a Sony XZ phone I notice it says does not support when you tick phones that will be compatible Tv Anywhere however  on the specs page it shows it does support Tv Anywhere App on the Virgin Mobile site as I currently use it for recording programmes to my TiVo box  from my Sony Z1

Looking forward to anybody that may have on Sony XZ being able to help

May Thanks

David

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sony XZ Question Tv App

Hi Daveg14

Thanks for your post.

All high-end current generation Android handsets such as this should support TV Anywhere so long as they're running an unmodified (i.e. unrooted) operating system.

There was an issue with handsets that shipped with the 'Marshmallow' update at one point, however we've since updated the app to resolve this.

If the mobile sales website advises the handset is compatible with TV Anywhere this will be accurate.

It may be the other page you looked at isn't up to date - could you let me know the link for this page and I'll take a look.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Daveg14

Thanks for your post.

All high-end current generation Android handsets such as this should support TV Anywhere so long as they're running an unmodified (i.e. unrooted) operating system.

There was an issue with handsets that shipped with the 'Marshmallow' update at one point, however we've since updated the app to resolve this.

If the mobile sales website advises the handset is compatible with TV Anywhere this will be accurate.

It may be the other page you looked at isn't up to date - could you let me know the link for this page and I'll take a look.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Daveg14
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly-phones/sony-xperia-xz-black-mineral/son...

This page on the specs about the phone says supports tv anywhere
but on the main web site tick the button saying supports tv anywhere and the phone is not displayed
0 Kudos