Menu
vircom
Well-informed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony XA update failed?

My Sony XA had an android software update today that appeared to run okay, but after it had finished and rebooted I had a message saying update fail and to try again later. I have checked for software updates in settings and this says the phone is up to date with Android 6.0. The version is reported as 33 2 A 4 70. I cannot see any changes to the interface. The update history does not show an operating system update today.

I am not sure if the update worked but was incorrectly reported as failed or run through the long update process but reverted.

Does anyone from VMobile or with the same phone know how to check whether the update worked?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sony XA update failed?

Hi vircom

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with a recent software update.

I've done some digging and 33.2.A.4.70 is the latest software version for this handset, so it definitely sounds as though the phone is up to date now.

Any changes were most likely 'under the hood' as it were and performance/security improvements.

If you have any further issues, do let us know.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi vircom

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with a recent software update.

I've done some digging and 33.2.A.4.70 is the latest software version for this handset, so it definitely sounds as though the phone is up to date now.

Any changes were most likely 'under the hood' as it were and performance/security improvements.

If you have any further issues, do let us know.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. The update process appeared to run okay but finished with an update failed message. Sounds like the update worked and the message was wrong.
0 Kudos