Menu
bdw
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sony M4 Aqua Overheating - GPS?

When I use Google maps or the Maps.me app my phone overheats and the battery drains very quickly. This happens even when the screen is blanked. If I am using either of these apps and I don't shut them down then the phone gets really hot.

The GPS apps appear to be doing something that requires a lot of power in the background causing the phone to overheat and the battery to drain. Is this a known problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony M4 Aqua Overheating - GPS?

Hi Bdw,

Thanks for coming in and posting your message.

This is new to see here but i would like to help look into this. When you're using the apps are you having these apps running only in the background?

I would like to ask if you can reinstall the apps or check to see if there are any updates for them?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bdw
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. I think maps.me forces the phone to run in the background if it is left on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bdw,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

It certainly looks like there's something that would be taking up power here, I would like to ask if you are able to temporarily disable all of the installed apps bar Google maps and then run over normal mobile data and then through flight mode and WiFi?

Can you tell me if this overheats then?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos