Menu
mardan160
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony Experia z1 Compact

Dear someone

I have a Sony Experia z1 Compact on a 2 yr contract for my 17 year old son. The phone has pretty much packed up.

Now then apparently its under warranty and was advised by the Virgin shop in Merry Hill, Dudley to get this sorted online. Here is my issue, I have not registered the phone with virgin's online site, and when I come to try and register the site does not recognise the email address I use to receive the monthly bills so I am stuck!!

I need to get his phone repaired if the warranty is still viable, as I have had a broken screen repaired and a new battery installed locally. If some at Virgin could come back to me with advise, contact numbers or a process top follow that would be great.

As an aside some quick research suggests that Sony themselves having been using faulty or shoddy impacted electronics which in itself potentially breaks the Sales of Goods Act 1979 / 1982 if proven.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/ts/xperia-z1-z1s/sudden-shut-down-battery-problem-factory-reset-and-sw-u...

Can someone at Virgin advise me what my next steps are to get the phone fixed or replaced please?

Obviously I am paying monthly for something that is no good to anyone and would really appreciate a speedy response to get this matter resolved.

Kind regards

Martin Dann

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Experia z1 Compact

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the phone. We want to get this all sorted for you.

So we can look into this, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Experia z1 Compact

How are you getting on with this Martin?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos