Menu
Highlighted
Salty39
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sony Experia E5

Sony Experia E5

Calling someone with my mobile results in me hearing them answering and them not being able to hear me. As this has been a problem for a while I rang 789 shortly before 12noon today and a nice man told me that he had the same problem himself and it was likely that my hand was causing the outgoing call volume to switch off. After verifying all my details he said he would send me an email document explaining how to resolve the problem.  As yet I have not received an email. No, I omitted to ask for a ref no or his name as my previous experience has been very good with IT problems, but I do tend to think that this phone is not as good as my last Lumia or the Samsung's littered around the family. Still no email.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sony Experia E5

Hi Salty,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage to the handset.

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

You can find Sony's contact details here: http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Salty39,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with people hearing you on the phone.

I know this may be silly but please make sure you're not accidentally tapping the mute button with your face when you put the handset to your ear.

Has this been checked?

If you receive a call, and they can hear you, then it's possible this is the cause. If they call, and they're still not able to hear you, then it's possibly a microphone fault.

Does this happen for both incoming and outgoing calls?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Salty39
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

Hi Salty39,

"Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with people hearing you on the phone. I know this may be silly but please make sure you're not accidentally tapping the mute button with your face when you put the handset to your ear. Has this been checked?

If you receive a call, and they can hear you, then it's possible this is the cause. If they call, and they're still not able to hear you, then it's possibly a microphone fault. 

Does this happen for both incoming and outgoing calls? 

Thanks"

Thanks Rich,  No, I had several family members look at it as well who thought I might have been switching the speaker off, but that was not the case.  I could answer a call, the caller would not hear me then I pressed the speaker, it turned into a blue circle and they could hear me.  Try again and they couldn't.  Numerous attempts with me not touching side of the phone even and it was intermittent, sometimes they could hear and others not.  I have had the problem to some extent since I had it but it is now, nearly us. 

I have sent it o Virgin, so hopefully they will be able to rectify the problem.

Cheers, Salty

0 Kudos
Salty39
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Rich,

It reacted to calls either way.

I tried everything I could and enlisted all the younger members of my family and sometimes selecting the speaker feature bottom left of the screen helped but more often than not it didn't.  I sent it to Virgin for repair but they say it is damaged and returned it with a letter which should have had a photo attached showing the damage - there is no photo.  Apparently Sony refuses to stand the cost.  I just cannot believe there is damage and have looked at it,  it is unmarked inside and out to my eyes and with the help of magnifying glass.

I have sent the letter back with details of  several complaints in respect of this transaction.  I will not bore you with the problems I have had.  When I entered into contract with this phone I had no problems with my old phone but am unable now to set it up to handle calls and hoped I would be able to resolve this but Gail the call handler fobbed me off and was going to call back but did not. Apart from not being able to make calls the phone is working well.

Salty

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Salty,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage to the handset.

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

You can find Sony's contact details here: http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Salty39
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I sent my phone to Virgin Rich and they told me that it was damaged and later that there was a screw missing and returned the phone which now does not work at all.   I have with the help of my grandson put it back together again after it seems to charge and I can start it up but after introducing itself and that it is an Android operating system powers off.  I have tried all the options described on You Tube to restart it but all fail. I never get to see whether it is charging fully or not and have left it charging for many hours.  I was dealing with Hazel in the complaints dept and supplied her with an alternative number to contact me.  That belongs to my wife but on may account.  She has had a sim card failure so I would like Hazel to contact me on my home phone number which should be on my account.

I did go on to the Sony Help site and downloaded the Sony Companion and re-set the phone but that has made no difference.  I believe Sony has a 12 month guarantee parts and labour but Virgin say my guarantee is for one month which is a bit contradictory.

Sorry I have no good news in respect of Sony/Virgin/Mobile but I have had a good weekend despite the problems.

0 Kudos
Salty39
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri, I told my story to Rich and will try again to contact Sony. I started an on line chat with them but had to answer the door and on return was told I had to start again. I will try today
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Salty39,

Have you received an update on your handset issue? If not, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos