Menu
bowks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sony Aqua M4 faulty microphone

I've enjoyed quite a few years of service with Virgin Media and Mobile so it will come as little surprise that I am more than disappointed with the inappropriate service recently received when I rang to let you know that the brand new Sony Aqua M4 I have purchased has a fault.
Having finally got through to your technical department I was transferred to a man name Mark... He has a cheesy RAF telephone voice. Mark advised me that I do not have the right to politely request a replacement handset for a phone that was ORDERED 16 days ago. This is despite my statuary rights clearly stating I have 30 days. Mark also advised me, very dismissively, that they ignore forum feedback about mobile devices... This was in response to my instantly finding a raft of complaints about the same issue from other users, something we would normally assume to be an inherent fault.
Mark's colleague should also pipe down a little too. His chuckles were quite clear as he yelled "another of those Aquas" to who ever else was in the room.
I'm still waiting on the envelope and instructions to send the phone to Mark for a repair... A repair!! on a device that has been used 5 or 6 times.

For those of you with a Sony Aqua M4 with a faulty mic that means you have to use the speaker mode in order for the person on the other end of the line to hear you, fear not! The fault is well broadcast in many forums.

I look forward to seeing the result of Mark's diagnostics and more so to the feedback from customer retentions about why I should remain with Virgin while they fail to deliver the most basic levels of customer service.

Calls have been logged and I will be making data subject requests for the recordings. I've remained quite calm and obliging with your staff but will not tolerate a blatant abuse of my rights.
As it stands, the goods are not fit for purpose. You have also breached my rights under the sale of goods act.

As your member of staff has quite clearly stated that these rules do not apply to your company, I assume that this is a condition of contract and now question if the contract has unfair or unlawful content that I may have missed?

Hopefully someone will identify the failing in service standards and get back to me to discuss the appropriate remedial action.

Over to you guys...

0 Kudos
bowks
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Aqua M4 UPDATE

I have made another call to customer services this morning and the outcome could not be any different. Both representatives were really polite and listened fully to the issues I raised. Without any hassle, a replacement handset has now been arranged.
I have agreed to accept another M4 aqua and hope the problem does not exist with this one.

Fingers crossed...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear a replacement handset is on the way Bowks Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bowks
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You couldn't make this stuff up.

My delivery options are to take a day off work and wait for a Yodel delivery to come. Or to take a day off work and get a few buses to the Yodel depot and pick it up.
I can't have the delivery made to my work place because "Virgin will not allow this", however, I can send a random person to collect it from the Yodel depot so long as they take MY ID... erm...
Kinda getting a little fed up here.
I deliver a digital inclusion service to our 70k plus residents. A part of this is finding the ideal broadband package. Thank you for making that part of my job a little easier.
I'll hang out hope for the phone to arrive by tomorrow evening, otherwise... Thanks but no thanks, I signed up to do business with you, not faff around pretending to be your friends. If I wanted a friend that cost me money, I'd have bought a dog.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Bowks Smiley Happy

I'm afraid my colleagues are correct in saying that this can't be sent to a place of work. This is to avoid any potential issues with the package being signed for.

Please let me know how you're getting on with the phone. I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Aquam4
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Aqua M4 faulty microphone

My daughters m4 stopped being able to accept calls without headset plugged in and screen goes black. Sent off phone they came back that damage possibly caused by being in pocket. Looking on the web I think this is a common fault with this phone but virgin wont repair it. Been with them for years and am now stuck with a phone that doesn't work. Their advice was buy another handset or go via your insurance. Really not happy. Anyone else got same fault?
0 Kudos