Menu
cazajacks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Someone please help me sort this out.

Hi, I need help with this please....Its driving me absolutely crazy and has been taking me days to try to sort out.

My hubby and i both have Virgin mobile phones, I have a Samsung Galaxy s111 Mini,  Husband has a Samsung Galaxy Fame (GTs6810P).  My phone has broken as the screen has gone completely black so its unusable....Hubby has given me his phone to have as he's just been given an upgrade.  I have put my sim in his phone,it came up as reported lost/stolen and we put the four digit code in to unlock it, all is good  but the thing is, not a single thing from my sim card has transfered over, all of his stuff is still on the phone.  I knew not everthing would transfer over, but not a single thing has.  Does anyone know how i can fix this so my stuff from my sim will show on my phone please.

Thanks, Carolyn.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone please help me sort this out.

Stuff generally does not live on your SIm card apart from the data it needs to connect to the network and emergency contacts etc.

All your "stuff" is likely to be on your old phone.

If you had your  google account synced with your old phone, sign in to it on the new one and it will be there.

If not, try Samusung Kies.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

cazajacks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice but nothing has worked, i am using the Samsung but not a single thing has transferred over to the new phone, how can i retrieve all my details from my sim so they appear on the new phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your phone has gone faulty.

I'm assuming you're talking about contact numbers? When you saved these in your handset (SIII Mini) if you selected to save them to the phone memory then they're not on the SIM card and need to be copied first. If you selected to save them to the SIM card then you can copy them over.

Please click here and follow these steps on how to do this:-

Select Handset > Contacts > How do I copy contacts to the SIM card.

If the contacts are saved to the device itself then you won't be able to recover them due to the fault. What happened to the phone? If it's gone faulty through no fault of your own and you're within the first 2 years then it could be covered under warranty.

Please let us know and we can assist you further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
cazajacks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply,  i am going to try to retrieve my numbers etc.

I don't know what happened to my phone to be honest, i am not a younge person so it does not get abused or man handled.  I noticed a small pink patch appear on the screen one day, and over the course of the day the pink covered the whole screen, the next day a blue patch appeared and did exactly the same thing  but on the third day a black patch appeared and the whole screen slowly went completely black!!  I can only say it ort of looked like 'soot' slowly spreading across my screen.  I have rung Virgin insurance team and they have said as i have not damaged the phone in any way i will not be covered for this.   He did say try to see if it is covered under the warranty, but  when i ring Virgin there are so many different numbers to press and ive tried it so many times but there is not a number for the warranty department, i have tried customer services and they don't seem to understand what i am asking, they just keep trying to put me through to the insurance people, and the insurance people say they cannot transfer me through to the warranty department and i end up going round and round in circles for hours. 

If they say i'm not covered in any way i don't really care, i just want my photos etc off of the phone. 

Many thanks,  Carolyn.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the excellent update I really appreciate it.

Your photos may be stored to a removable memory card (Micro SD). Do you have one of these? If so you can put it into the Samsung Galaxy Fame to retrieve your photos. 

Have you tried booking a repair via your online account? Just log in here and follow these steps:-

Online account > Plan and device > Phone repairs.

Please let me know how you get on and I'll assist you further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos