Menu
Nibblers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some effort using Virgin in the EU!

Well this has been an experience! My wife and I each bought a data package whilst in Europe but it simply doesn't work. Tied to figure it out, used Google, used these forums, tried every solution suggested as well as a few rumours then we tried a rain dance and yet another failed attempt at calling the unavailable Virgin customer services. Hours of frustration and effort all to no avail.

Walked to the hotel reception. Bought 2 data cards. Entered the code. High speed instant access instantly everywhere on the island. Total time wasted: 6 minutes. 

We'll be requesting a refund Mr Virgin.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some effort using Virgin in the EU!

Hi Nibblers,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you're unable to use your EU data pass.

I appreciate you've done a lot of steps and research before posting here. I just want to clear up a few things.

What handset do you and your wife have?

Is your mobile data enabled?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Nibblers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We are using Virgin supplied Sony Z L Android phones which are around 18 months old and fully up to date software.

Both are data enabled, we did this on the Virgin website mobile account management page and on the phones together with various 'switch on switch off' combinations that included the international call barring (in case it was that).

Both phones work with data using Ozone, a paid for use service in Malta, without any issue whatsoever. At 6 Euros a day per phone it's expensive but the only option we were left with.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nibblers,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is data roaming enabled on the handset? To check this follow these steps:-

Applications > Settings > More > Mobile networks > Data Roaming > International Roaming.

I just want to make sure we're covering all the steps. The network you should be connected to is Vodafone Malta.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos