Menu
Nathanc2
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sold me a £700 brick!

Virgin Media i took out a phone contract with yourselfs as i have been very happy with your services since 2009, had my new phone the samsung s7 edge for 15 days and it breaks refuses to charge, ring up your customer services and they are very helpful to repair the phone and advise me to wrap the phone up very well as they cannot be held responsible for damage in transit, which is acceptable when im posting the phone, dont want anymore damage to my expensive phone, and the phone comes back in paper thin bubble wrap with a cracked screen, not only does it have a cracked screen but has a hardware fault which has been confirmed by samsung!

Ring up to get this sorted but now my phone is out of warranty due to the cracked screen? and to repair it you want anther £300+ you caused the damage and now saying that your not responsible! I now have a £700 contract with your self's for a brick!!!

All my services are now being cancelled and we are now moving all our services to anther provided! i am absolutely disgusted that your paper thin bubble wrap is apparently enough protection and then to pass the blame!!! I can and will provide photo evidence of the paper thin bubble wrap and damage that has been caused to the device.. a simple phone call to samsung can prove that the issue is down to a hardware fault ando not the broken screen caused by your "apparent unbreakable paper thin bubble wrap".

This is absolutely disgusting that I'm to blame for your packaging and that you want more money from me to fix it... that fact that Samsung will repair the issue for £200 and you want more then £300! And yes you have been reported to Samsung about this issue.

I have also posted this message on Facebook but looking through the visitors posts kinda proves that you like passing blame to the customer and also don't like responding when asked why are we there customers being blamed?
0 Kudos
Nathanc2
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sold me a £700 brick!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathanc2,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone has been damaged further and that you've had difficulties getting this sorted. Checking into this, you will need to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 in order to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Nathanc2
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have already contacted 789 around 4/5 times and all i get is - well we didn't do it, you did! so we are not repairing it! even took it up on Facebook and got the same response with a link to the complaints procedure.

Sent a letter of complaint and im reckoning i will no doubt get the same response from them, even tho i have attached proof of tool markings under the smashed screen and had profession advice who has said that its most likely a tool mark and showed me the tool that could have caused the smash!

All i can say is your customer services are absolutely terrible and a always blame the customer way of solving things seems to be completely wrong, i will be cancelling all my services and seeking advice from solicitors about this. i have been a happy customer for 9+ years and this is how i get treated!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathanc2,

Thank you for coming back and posting your message, I'm sorry that this ordeal has left you feeling this way.

I can see that you have mentioned that you have decided to contact the complaints team, this would have started an investigation and we'd love to hear how the progress goes.

All repeairs done to anyones phone should and is done at the highest quality, although I'm not able to speak on behalf of you or the person trying to fix the phone, I would like to mention that I hope this is sorted for you soon.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've had similar problem.  The Samsung experience centre in Edinburgh confirmed that the Galaxy S5 Neo has an inherent fault and Samsung have advised no further sales of this phone. However Virgin refused to listen to what the Samsung engineer said and basically accused him of being an inferior technician.   The phone was supposedly repaired, but is being returned again because it's not working properly.  I can see this going on for some time, so I'm taking out an agreement with another provider.

0 Kudos
Nathanc2
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted samsung about the fault on the S7 edge and they confirmed it was a hardware fault and would fix it but when i mentioned that ongoing issues with virgin they said they could not fix it under the manufactures warranty and that i need to get virgin to sort the problem,

I am looking at new providers for everything as the route of always blaming the customers isn't right, i run my own company and i'm sure if we just started blaming our customers for our faults we wouldn't have any customers left!

I thought originally it was funny as when the internet goes down and we get the blame i can always find the fault and annoy the customer services agent as they have no idea and read from a script. best one is what operating system do you use? windows or OSX? none, i use linux - well there you go that's your fault your not using a windows or OSX operating system, and then i follow up with a ping report and tell them where the fault lies, still get nothing apart from reset your computer and the router.

But when it comes to a piece of hardware that has cost me £700 and was not even a month old! i though i would be able to get it sorted but nope as usual its my fault!

The only fault i can take blame for is actually deciding to go ahead with a contract phone from virgin!

And BenD_H how long does it take to get a response from the complaints team? i posted my complaint on the 17/08 and it was received and signed for on the 18/08 - i know its only the 22/08 but would like to know how much longer i have to wait for virgin media to pass the blame back to me?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeniseKillen99,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message.

I can see that you have seekd advice from the provider and this is a good move to make. We do listen to our counterparts when it comes to this and I would like to know if we have been able to inform you of anything on this?

I can see that you have mentioned about another provider, I'm sad to hear that and wish this is sorted for you soon. If the engineer isn't able to sort the phone out, we would offer a like for like phone but all avenues would need to be looked at first.

Stay in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathanc2,

Thank you for your message,.

The compaints team can take a maximum of 28 days to get back to you but this is considerably shorter due to the compaints team really wanting the resolve this complaint. I would expect a reply in the next few days.

Thank you.

Ben

0 Kudos
Nathanc2
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenD_H

Had a call from the complaints team. They didn't even bother to read my letter of complaint just rang me up and made up their argument.

They must have picked the most abrupt and aggressive person to call me, he didn't give a care in the world and didn't even listen to my point of view.

Phone call started with virgin saying the device was received broken so sent back to me, what makes this worse is the guy on the phone said and i quote "We tried to contact you many times but couldn't get through to you, so we didn't go ahead with the repair and sent it back".

They contacted me and argued with me on the phone at my granddads funeral about the issue before i said to them just send it back and i will deal with the complaints team   

after 5 minutes of explaining the whole point of why i wrote the letter and that i sent it in perfect condition and it came back broke, they are now blaming my wife for the damages.

Since the phone was apparently posted back to me in a "Phone Box" my wife should have known that it was a phone and opened my mail!

With the tools marks on the phone they have apparently been caused by me sending my phone to an unofficial repair centre instead of sending it back to virgin? (words from the complaints team) - now why would i send my phone to virgin for repair have it come back to me send it to an unofficial repair center when its still in warranty and then send it back to virgin?  

All they can do is offer me a repair for £300 again to a damaged device which was damaged by virgin!

I will be seeking legal advice and also recording all phone calls from now on as that guy who rang was just abusive and aggressive on the phone,

I thought the complaints team was there to resolve the issue not just pass the blame? as i said in earlier posts virgin love the blame game of blaming customers but stooping that low to even blame my wife. its a joke!!!

Im absolutely fuming and disgusted how this complaint and an how I as a customer are being treated!

0 Kudos