Menu
mrmar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sms missed call alert

If I switch off my voicemail, can I get text alerts for missed calls? - (sim only vip tariff). 

I read in this forum that it is possible to have one or the other (voicemail or sms alert) by sending "start"  to 4567 but Just spoke to customer services (non UK call centre) and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Any help or clarification is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sms missed call alert

Hi mrmar,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm afraid this isn't possible on our network.

I'm really sorry for any confusion caused on our side. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Chaz3010
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure that prior to having my voicemail switched on there would be an option for the person calling me to send me a missed call alert.

It would go something along the lines of 'I'm sorry, but the person you are calling is not available right now. But if you like, we can send them a free message to let them know you have called.'

Then the person calling you would press 1 or something similar and the message would be sent to you.

The only downside I can see with this is that if the caller does not choose to send the message you will not be alerted.

You are correct when you say you can only have on or the other, now that I have voicemail switched on these notifications can no longer be sent to you

0 Kudos
mrmar
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chaz,  

I knew I wasn't going crazy.  

Why does no one at Virgin Mobile know this?

I will try switching off my voicemail and see if this works.

0 Kudos