Menu
wiganyankeeron
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smartcall charges

I have Smart call  installed on my mobile and I will be going to the USA next week

Can I use Smart call  to dial numbers in the USA when I am in the USA

Will I need to enter the country dialing code 001 when I am ringing a number in the USA

Can I dial mobile numbers in the USA  Will I get charged the International call rate as if I were dialing a USA number    from my own UK land line number

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcall charges

Smartcall only works with your main inclusive Talk Plan - none of these include international numbers.

You can call a UK Virgin Mobile number using Smartcall at the time appropriate to your talk plan, and if you've got Talk Unlimited Extra this would extend to any calling any UK mobile number. This would apply even if the UKmobile phone itself is in the USA.

Smartcall wouldn't cover calling a US mobile including US Virgin Mobile numbers as that is a separate company.

Dialling US numbers would be chargeable.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
wiganyankeeron
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Can I call a UK land line number in the U.K. using Smart Call from the USA I am on the XXL phone package

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wiganyankeeron wrote:

Thanks for the info. Can I call a UK land line number in the U.K. using Smart Call from the USA I am on the XXL phone package

Yes you can.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
wiganyankeeron
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben cheers. I think I'll take an old phone with me and buy a SIM card when I'm there, and use that to ring friends in the USA

0 Kudos