Menu
Hurbster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Smartcall and Windows phones, very poor customer service making me consider cancelling.

Well, last November I took Virgin up on the offer of a Nokia Luimia 630 with plenty of discounts because I had been a loyal TV and Broadband Customer for so long. Now it's a great little #phone, quite basic but pretty good nontheless. When I took the phone I did say that the mobile signal is quite bad in my flat due to it's very thick walls and was told the Smartcall app would sort me out.

Of course I find out that the app is not available for Windows phones but would be out 'soon'. Fair enough I thought, the 630 works great outdoors, just has either none or very poor signal in the flat. I've done all the network checks, no-one gets a good signal here.

Well now it's nearly September, just been promoted at work and the lack of mobile signal in the flat is getting to be a problem. So I thought, 'well let's see if I can just transfer over to an Android 'phone and use Smartcall on that' - seemed reasonable to me.

So I went to my local Virgin shop, they told me that they could do nothing and I needed to call customer services. Fair enough, should have done that in the first place. I call customer services, they say they cannot help and pass me on to the technical team, who say that Smartcall is not going to come out for Windows telephones and there is nothing they can do as  I am under contract. I'm a bit annoyed now and feeling that I have been mis-sold an item that I can only use outside my flat. I mention that if this cannot be resolved (still thinking that my request is a reasonable one) I'll have to think about cancelling as the phone is essentially useless to me.

He offers to pass me through to the contract department to see if they can help at all. 

That was 25 minutes ago. I have been on hold with no messages at all, just dead silence on the line for 25 minutes. No 'please stay on hold' messages, nothing.

My question is, are Virgin Mobile literally trying to drive me away ? I've been a happy customer for years. I don't want to go but I am not prepared to put up with this any more. I'm especially annoyed about being on hold for 25 minutes with just dead air on the other end of the line.

I just want to change to an Android 'phone so I can use Smartcall and use my mobile indoors. Surely something can be worked out ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcall and Windows phones, very poor customer service making me consider cancelling.

Hi Hurbster,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the service you've received from us. Appreciate your frustrations with being on hold for 25 minutes. 

My apologies if you were told the Smartcall app would not be made available for Windows phones. To my knowledge no decision has been made on this currently. 

I've linked you to a previous feed here regarding this subject.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hurbster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcall and Windows phones, very poor customer service making me consider cancelling.

Thank you for your reply. While a fascinating read, that discussion only shows what little support you have for Windows 'phones. If you didn't do these important apps for them two years ago it's obvious you won't do it at all.

But the whole real point of my argument is that surely it's not that hard to change a contract to another 'phone. All I want is to change my contract to an Android 'phone and everything would be sorted. I could use Smartcall in my flat - problem solved ? I still think it's a reasonable request.

But I'm not prepared to sit on the end of a dead line for 25 minutes again, that was just silly and made your customer service look incredibly bad.

Oh, and by the way. I was told by the technical guy I was talking to that , and I quote 'my colleague has just informed me that we won't be doing smartcall for windows phones'. That was just before he out me on a dead line.

So can you help me at all ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hurbster,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Appreciate this is a frustrating situation for you.

To upgrade you would normally need to be towards the end of you contract usually the last month. 

I'd like to get this looked into for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some further information.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hurbster
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, I have done what you suggested in your PM.

It's not an upgrade, I'd just like to be paying for a 'phone that works where I live.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hurbster,

Thanks for your reply.

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. 

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos