Menu
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Slow to non existent 3G speed

Over the last 2 days I have been experiencing very slow and I mean slow data speeds around the BN17 area do you know of any problems there?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow to non existent 3G speed

Hi blankcanvas67,

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

I provided the fair usage policy details as I was just trying to cover all the base's for you. The speed would reset itself on the refresh date of your allowances.

I've just checked with our mobile team regarding the data issue you've noticed as you mentioned your quite close to the mast nearest to you.

It appears we have just flagged an issue to our networks team This is being investigated currently and we are awaiting an update. 

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm more than disappointed I'm damn right **bleep** off with it when I pay to get 3g and for first 12 days now gsm is twice as fast.
If your renting carrier space from EE and your customers report to you there are problems then can't you force them to give you a good service because that's how a business normally runs if someone can't provide you with what you need and not prepared to do so then you go else where and get it from someone who can.
To be told by tech on the phone there is nothing they can do because it's all ready flagged up is ridicules for a world wide company your size!
0 Kudos

All Replies
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Here is the speed test results I have just done and an earlier one done on the same phone in the same place with a Vodafone SIM in.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1439509461

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1439349290

As it shows a remarkable difference.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi blankcanvas67,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow 3G.

I've had a check on the area for you and it looks as though there is currently a fault with one of the masts. This has been identified and is being worked on. The rest of the masts near you seem healthy although they will experience more load as a result of  the other mast being down.

Best advice at this point would be for us to monitor it over the weekend and if this issue continues just let me know.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Here is my latest speed test took four tries before it worked and didn't show a server error.

My Ookla Speedtest result
Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1441238315

I get faster readings if I switch from 3g to gsm.
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has changed over the weekend and if anything it's got slower. Here is my latest speed test today (Monday)
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1445046537
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi blankcavas67,

Thanks for getting back to me and posting some speed tests. Really appreciate it.

I've had a check back on the mast for you and it appears the faulty mast has now been fixed. Coverage wise though its not looking good. There are only really Two masts to the south of your location and then there is quite a distance to the north, west and east of you.

It maybe the case that even though the masts are now both working congestion may still be a contributing factor due to the availability of the masts close to you.

I also wanted to mention the fair usage policy in case this is causing your slow speeds, I've included a link here to our fair usage policy for you.

Talk soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If it is down to fair usage then why is it that it has only started to happen from the 2nd of September when the new 30 day pay and go big data started surely that would only happen if I exceed my limit in the 30 days and get reset for the next 30 days like I have just read in the link you posted.
Up until this started on the 2nd I have have a fairly good speed but even though you say it's been fixed I have found its still no faster so there must still be a problem somewhere.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi blankcanvas67,

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

I provided the fair usage policy details as I was just trying to cover all the base's for you. The speed would reset itself on the refresh date of your allowances.

I've just checked with our mobile team regarding the data issue you've noticed as you mentioned your quite close to the mast nearest to you.

It appears we have just flagged an issue to our networks team This is being investigated currently and we are awaiting an update. 

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Here are my latest speed test results taken at 12:45 standing at my window in direct line of site of the mast, as you can see even the upload speed is slow now to previous test results.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1445290676
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Is there any news of this issue that's effecting data speeds yet because mine is showing 3G connection but can't even load a web page now!
Had to use my friends Vodafone SIM to even be able to write this 6 days I have been having trouble now think I should be compensated for all the inconvenience caused.
0 Kudos