Menu
Damo666
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow mobile internet

Has anyone else had any problem using virgin mobile internet. My Sony z2 working fine on WiFi but havnt been able to use Facebook or anything all day at work as it's soooo slow yet I have good phone signal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow mobile internet

Hi,

it depends where you are. If it's usually much better in the same location it could just be an area fault that'll be hopefully fixed soon.

Although your phone might have a good signal for calls doesn't automatically follow that you're getting a good 3G signal for internet (as would seem to be the case at the moment).

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Damo666,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear browsing on your Sony Z2 with our 3G has been slow all day for you. I hope the boss wasn't looking either Smiley Wink.

I agree with AlexKid here. If there is a mast down in the local area then you'll find the remaining masts will be picking up the load which results in slower browsing for everyone connected to it.

Is browsing faster at a different location? (In the house or in the streets etc)

Has anyone else at work got a Virgin Mobile?

Do they get slow speeds too? (Perhaps with another network)

Have you had decent speeds before?

It could also depend on your surroundings. Some big building structures have a lot of thick walls etc. I don't know if this applies to you but it's something to be mindful of.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Damo666
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply I work near Norwich airport in nr6 none of my apps work as they say slow Internet speed and Facebook and Twitter soooo slow I give up yet my phone says an h for my Internet yet I live 2 miles away and my Internet working fine at home
0 Kudos
Damo666
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No work friends are on virgin but a few are on ee and I believe virgin use ee but they have no problems could it be my phone I've only had it 7 months
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What plan do did you have . How much data do you have with your plan?
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos