Menu
Davepreston2706
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet speed

Download speed is terrible! I have a unlimited data allowance but can't use it due to constantly buffering for 2 seconds of a youtube clip. It's not unlimited in my opinion.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Internet speed

How much data have you used since the last refresh date?

On unlimited plans, you only get 3½ GB before the speed drops to base 3G levels (instead of HDSPA+)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's in the terms and conditions under "fair use policies" so you might struggle to assert that the threshold before your speed was reduced equates to a "limit". There is only one UK network that does not have a fair usage policy on its unlimited plan, so if we were putting money on who's going to win this fight, my money is on Virgin.

If you're on a Freestyle contract you'll probably be OK. You can just keep up with the handset part of the deal and get a SIM from the competitor whose company name is just a number. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How much data have you used since the last refresh date?

On unlimited plans, you only get 3½ GB before the speed drops to base 3G levels (instead of HDSPA+)

Davepreston2706
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Used over 3gb, that's why I have a unlimited plan. Will have to move companies at the end of my contract if this carries on.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's in the terms and conditions under "fair use policies" so you might struggle to assert that the threshold before your speed was reduced equates to a "limit". There is only one UK network that does not have a fair usage policy on its unlimited plan, so if we were putting money on who's going to win this fight, my money is on Virgin.

If you're on a Freestyle contract you'll probably be OK. You can just keep up with the handset part of the deal and get a SIM from the competitor whose company name is just a number. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the unlimited is for the amount of data you can use. Not the speed.

So its tecnically unlimited still and as most mobile providers dont tell you the speed you will get that is not even documented as the speed in the contract
0 Kudos