Menu
MarionC
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow 3G speed

Can anybody tell me what an acceptable download speed for 3G is please?  Mine is 1Mbps at best, often half that and, although I know it's not the slowest, I hear people talking of having speeds many times that.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 3G speed

What are you using to test? I recommend Speedtest.net, I consider I have a very poor download speed of between 1.5and 2.1. Upload speeds are between 0.5and 0.8. It was better in the past but as EE have changed my local mast to a 4g signal, now I'm connecting to  mast a couple of miles away.

The U.K. Average for 3G is 6.8 on EE according to Ofcom, so your is very poor. To be honest Virgin had issues with enabling 3G+ and most customers could only get the basic 3G speeds not the enhanced, due to a " quality of service" issue. Mine had the issue, I was promised a new sim would resolve it, guess what it's still the same. If you need a fast internet Virgin is not the provider for you!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
MarionC
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I used two tests - speedtest.net and open signal. They both agree. My upload speed is faster than my download speed.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's sad, but the long wait for a Virgin 4g signal will be longer, still no eta despite some agents lying through their teeth, Virgin 4g or lack of it my number one pet hate for that last few years, mainly due to the lies from many staff members.

0 Kudos
MarionC
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

That's sad, but the long wait for a Virgin 4g signal will be longer, still no eta despite some agents lying through their teeth, Virgin 4g or lack of it my number one pet hate for that last few years, mainly due to the lies from many staff members.

I've been trying all day to have an online 'chat' with Virgin, but I'm permanently getting the message that all of their operators are busy. How on earth do I contact them??? V. frustrating.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just have to keep on trying, I raised a complaint this morning on this and other issues, I'll keep this thread posted.

0 Kudos