Menu
MurphsterDawg
Tuning in
Message 21 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

This is a known network issue affecting combinations of phones and SIMs on the Virgin Network. 

Like many I am sure I called 789 and had many conversations - ground hog day type - with folk who wanted to be helpful, but were frankly clueless. I tested the issue myself and described in detail what was happening singling out that it was the new SIM and not the phone. I spent a few hours with the Genius Team at Apple as well having them confirm this.

After many requests and possibly through a genuine threat to cancel all Virgin contracts in my household, I was escalated to the Swansea team who confirmed it was a known issue they were working on and advised me it would be resolved in 72 hours. I would say paddy power wouldn't offer odds on this, but I remain hopeful. At least the issue has been recognized and they are working on it.

It's been a very frustrating experience dealing with the 789 call center.  I imagine the poor folk on the phones are poorly managed. The service is a disaster.  If they were made aware of this and it being a known issue that is being worked on it would have saved me literally hours on the phone.

colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Nice one MurphsterDawg.
At least there is now acknowledgement that the problem exists , that’s all I needed them to do to calm me down.
The frustration was the denial .
VIRGIN sort your help desk out it’s not very HELPFULL.
0 Kudos
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I am still giving Virgin a call on 789, and the advisors are acting like they don’t know what you’re talking about I want to run through all the options, absolutely hopeless! Come on Virgin hurry up I’m getting really bored with this
0 Kudos
laroldino
Joining in
Message 24 of 77
Flag for a moderator

also the same for my siri, virgin are a waste of space. I am currently on hold to their customer care line, 789, currently 51mins i have told them they are in-breach of contract for not providing the service that they should be, i have had other problems too, poor connection, no sim that worked, etc. Customer services my ***, they should rename it frustrating customers. i am cancelling this contract one way or another, looks like it will be in wrighting now as i really can't hold any longer.

[removed]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I'm sorry you are having a problem with Siri on the new purple Virgin Mobile SIM and for the time it's taken to respond to this thread.

We have been notified that this is affecting all iPhones that update the iOS from 10 to 11 and Siri won't work on 3G or 4G.

This is a known issue that our technicians are working to resolve. We don't have an estimated fix time on this yet, but when we receive more information on this, the Forum Team will update this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 26 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Terry_P said:
"We have been notified that this is affecting all iPhones that update the iOS from 10 to 11 and Siri won't work on 3G or 4G."

That answers my query on why it was working with the new SIM at the start 😉
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 27 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Siri?

While I do appreciate the frustration it must cause, just like not getting a 4g signal does, I have to say the word siri did make me smile.

It reminded me of the Benny Hill sketches where he was the Chinese guy who used to call Henry McGee a siri iriot.

Lol. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 28 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Why do I find giving a full network for Virgin Techs to play with is like giving Lego Technic to someone who has only experienced Lego Duplo Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 29 of 77
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Why do I find giving a full network for Virgin Techs to play with is like giving Lego Technic to someone who has only experienced Lego Duplo Smiley Wink

Well Virgin have said that they're aiming towards becoming a thick MVNO.

Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
richardstevens9
Tuning in
Message 30 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting after a month?
And still no update?
0 Kudos