Menu
jaysee71
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Simcard swap.

Will the Simcard from an old Nokia 'phone (a 3310, I think) fit the new Alcatel Onetouch Pixi3 that I have just purchased from Virgin?  Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know nothing about mobile phones.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Simcard swap.

From the information I can find about the Pixi Specifications (there's a tab on the side about keeping your old number as well) it can take a standard sim card, which is installed under the back cover after removing the battery example pic , so yes your old Nokia sim card should fit in fine. Smiley Happy

I don't know however if the phone itself is network locked to VM's network or if it's open & allows you to use any providers sim card in there?

Someone more in the know would have to comment about that sorry ( I'd imagine it would be open to put any in there if it's P.A.Y.G. ).

All the best Smiley Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That Nokia model uses a stand SIM type (mini.)

As to the "Alcatel Onetouch Pixi3" the version I can see in the VM store page is the 4.5 version. This has two sub models, a 3G model that uses a standard SIM and a 4G model that uses a micro SIM. As Virgin don't support 4G they are only selling the 3G model which uses a standard SIM - the type of SIM you have in your old Nokia currently. As this page indicates: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones/alcatel-onetouch-pixi-3-4-5-bl... - "SIM type: Standard"

Edit: Beaten to it Cat Tongue

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From the information I can find about the Pixi Specifications (there's a tab on the side about keeping your old number as well) it can take a standard sim card, which is installed under the back cover after removing the battery example pic , so yes your old Nokia sim card should fit in fine. Smiley Happy

I don't know however if the phone itself is network locked to VM's network or if it's open & allows you to use any providers sim card in there?

Someone more in the know would have to comment about that sorry ( I'd imagine it would be open to put any in there if it's P.A.Y.G. ).

All the best Smiley Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That Nokia model uses a stand SIM type (mini.)

As to the "Alcatel Onetouch Pixi3" the version I can see in the VM store page is the 4.5 version. This has two sub models, a 3G model that uses a standard SIM and a 4G model that uses a micro SIM. As Virgin don't support 4G they are only selling the 3G model which uses a standard SIM - the type of SIM you have in your old Nokia currently. As this page indicates: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones/alcatel-onetouch-pixi-3-4-5-bl... - "SIM type: Standard"

Edit: Beaten to it Cat Tongue

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.