Menu
Rosalindxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sim only ?

I'm looking to get new phone but can't until I order a sim only deal how much do I need to spend too get a phone on contact in 6 months the lady said I had to get a sim only deal for thee months then I could apply for contract deal ????? So how much do I need to be spending too get the contract in the end ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only ?

Hi Rosalindxx,

I'm afraid this is a bit like the "how long is a piece of string" question.

Here are two similar posts: took out monthly rolling sim only contract, how long before I can get a phone?

And: Sim only upgrade to mobile

There are no guarantees that this will work for you.

My advice would be to just take out a SIM tariff that meets your needs (minutes, texts & data) don't go spending more than you need to on allowance that you're not going to use.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Who's to blame for this miss selling mess?

It's either the offshore staff get good commission for every little sale they can get under false pretences or its like people suggest that they work off a script - script supplied by VM?

Staff here say all credit checks are done externally, so taking on one of the Virgin sim-onlys will make a big fat zero to your credit check in a few month's time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosalindxx,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you were declined when applying for a contract. I'm afraid that using the sim only will not guarantee you a contract with us. This will help build your credit rating but depending on what it is, you may not receive enough of a boost to take out a contract with us.

If you'd like to press this further, let me know and I can provide you with the necessary information to do so.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rosalindxx
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I have a sim only now the 12 pound one so will I get a new phone in a few months or not this the only reason I'm doing it ...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosalindxx,

the handset agreement from Virgin is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period.

As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

Your history with Virgin isn't the consideration as it’s your external credit file that would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

Whilst your payments may "boost" your score, how much of an impact do you suppose a few will have.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos