Menu
zcacmxi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sim only price increase £3

I've received a letter stating the monthly price for my 2 sims will increase by £3.

On another thread here they're saying that they believe any loyalty discount you currently have will also be removed... Is this true? The letter doesn't mention this. My bills will increase from £5 to £23 per sim if this were the case...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
imogene
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only price increase £3

If the discount is going to be removed, you will have to be told about it. If you've only been told about the £3 increase, your discount is safe (for now...)

0 Kudos
zcacmxi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's what I would expect.
Unsure why the other thread stated the discount would also be removed without them mentioning it... without the discount I'd be better off elsewhere, and may even get 4g too...
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Over the years my daughter's VIP sim has gone up from £15 to £21 with the latest price increase. 

2 Virgin phones in our house have gone and now the third will be going. There are better deals with 4G. Why pay premium prices for a second rate service?

0 Kudos
zcacmxi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just called 789 and they confirmed the loyalty discount would remain.
The only change will be £5 to £8 per month payable which is competitive for what I'm using it for.
Had the loyalty discount been removed, then there were better options.
ILuvNips
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had a letter stating that my loyalty discount would be going at next monthly billing, means the monthly costs will go up from the current £5 to £15 per month. Rang up CS and they said there was nothing that they could do even though I stated that I could get a much better deal than 600m and 1Gb data for £15.

Am thinking of now moving over to Tesco, thing is that I have 2 other SIMs which are on the £5 deal but to date no letter for these other numbers so am unsure what is going on.

Seeing that the OP has now confirmed that their loyalty discount will stay makes things even more confusing as i was told that there was no way they could do this for me.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos