Menu
Dragnite
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sim only package sign up error

Yesterday i signed up for a sim only deal on your website after hearing good things about virgin mobile from a friend of mine, 

However hd to reload the page several times during the set up process becaue virgins webpage is **bleep**. 

The last time was on the payment page just after i had paid the £2.99 upfront for next day delivery. I waited 30 mins for the next screen to load which it never did, i tried refreshing it several times to no avail. 

Now i do not know whether the payment went through or not as i had many things pay out of my bank account and they take a couple of days to show up. 

I am very reluctant to do the whole process again because i do not want to be charged twice and then have to go through the whole pain in the ass task of getting a refund. 

If someone can look into this asap and tell me if the payment went through or provide me with a working link to make the payment id be very grateful. 

Also another note i am unable to log into my account that i also set up yesterday just keeps telling me to try again soon. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only package sign up error

Hi Dragnite,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry for any difficulty caused on our part when you tried to access the webpage.

You should've received an email confirmation from us if this had gone through. Did you get anything from us?

Let me know how you're getting on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dragnite
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So my bank screen is now up to date and the £2.99 payment did in fact go through and has been taken from my account. However the sim should have arrived on 9th october and it has not. 

The only emails i have recieved were one welcoming me to my account (which i am still unable to log in to) and the other asking me to confirm my email address. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Dragnite Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've still not received your sim. It can take up to 5 working days to come to you.

Can you let me know the error message you get when you try and log in? I want to make sure this is fixed.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Dragnite
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It says 

"Oops, something's gone wrong!

Please try again in a few moments."

Sat there last night for an hour trying again and still the same. 

No it should not take 5 working days because i paid the £2.99 for next day delivery so it should have been delivered to me on friday. 

So if it is going to take 5 working days then i'd like the £2.99 refunded please. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Dragnite.

With regards to logging into your online account, are you able to try a different browser or device?

Sorry that you've still not received your sim just yet. Can you please PM me your full name, Mobile number and 3 characters of your password so I can check this out?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Dragnite
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've tried torch browser and Google Chrome so far with no luck.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that for me Dragnite Smiley Happy

How long have you been having the issues logging into your account?

Are you also able to try the forgotten password prompt to see if that helps?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Dragnite
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Now tried every browser in existence and several different computers and same thing. 

I've never been able to login, initially i thought it was because it does say it can take 24 hours to set up the account, At the moment im assuming that due to the issues i had when i first ordered the sim that it has something to do with that. 

What i do know is that my current contract with 02 ends in 2 days and i need a new sim by then, if this isnt sorted by then then i shall have to go elsewhere to get a sim only plan, the downside will be i wont get as good a deal. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

THanks for coming back to me Dragnite Smiley Happy

Are you able to re-register the number with a different email address to see if this helps?

I'll chase up your sim to see what I can find.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos