Menu
Raj345
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sim not activated after 24 hours

I just got a new IPhone, had a new sim with it with my old number. And I've restarted it a few times and it's been 24hrs and no change. Is it the Sim? Or is it to do with my other SIM card in my old phone because that's still working. I can't log in yet online it's still saying it's waiting to be verified
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not activated after 24 hours

Hi Raj345,

have you sent the text READY to 789678 from your old phone & SIM?

You should then receive a text back saying the request has been successful.

Your old SIM will then deactivate and some time after your new SIM will become active.

(Periodically turn your new phone off and on to check for network).

Occasionally activation may take upto 24 hours.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not activated after 24 hours

Hi Raj345,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your post in the Community about your new SIM card. I'm sorry to hear that your new SIM card hasn't activated for you. It's great to see that AlexKid has given you advice about how you can self-activate your SIM card. 

When we send a replacement SIM card out, it's usually set for self-activation so that if you are still able to use your mobile service on your old SIM card, your service won't be cut-off while you are waiting for the new SIM card delivery.

Is this working for you now? Please let me know if you are still having problems with this and I can look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos