Menu
Mathphill17
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sim not accepted on wifi app

hi. I signed up to virgin on a sim only plan yesterday and my number has been ported over from ee this morning. I've tried to use the wifi app but I get the message Your SIM card is not accepted. Please check your account. I see a lot of people have had this problem but there doesn't seem to be a solution anywhere. Could someone help please?  Thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sim not accepted on wifi app

From the other posts, the trend seems to be that after a number port, it can be days before the system catches up and will accept the newly ported number/SIM.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From the other posts, the trend seems to be that after a number port, it can be days before the system catches up and will accept the newly ported number/SIM.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mathphill17,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile service after your number port. @teabag is correct, sometimes services can take a day or so to update. Is this working for you now?

Please let me know if you are still having a problem with this and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos