Menu
iqrawr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sim card stopped working all of a sudden - Replacement?

Hi,

Iv'e had my sim card for a while, just now my sim card has decided to "die" on me as in the phone does not recognize it all of a sudden.

I have narrowed it down to the sim card as i have tried it in multiple devices (unlocked) with the same results.

There is a couple issues here, I cannot contact customer support as I do not have a phone I can call from, also I cannot use web chat as there isn't an option for web chat to chat with customer support.

How would I go about sorting this out?

0 Kudos
iqrawr
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card stopped working all of a sudden - Replacement?

Anyone??

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card stopped working all of a sudden - Replacement?

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the SIM, fingerprints can stop them contacting properly. Use a muslin cloth or a cotton bud if you can.

If that doesn't work then I suggest that you have no option but to find a working phone and call . (789 from a working Virgin Mobile). Ask for a replacement SIM as yours has stopped working. And be forthright if they mention a charge.

Is your SIM a standard SIM, cut down to fit a phone that needs a micro or nano size. If so it might be slightly misaligned.

Might it be that you have not used the number for an extended period? Or is there an unpaid bill? If so, it's possible that your SIM has been deactivated.

0 Kudos