Menu
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sim card requires pin after power off

Have upgraded to 4G sim (which seems superb so far). Only thing is every time I power down my phone it asks for  sim card pin when I turn on. Never had this with any phone before or this phone (Moto 3G). It's a pain having yet another pin to remember - is there a setting to stop this?

Dave

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sim card requires pin after power off

check in the phone's security setting you could have an option to disaale the sim lock pin

irst, go to Settings in your Android device's main menu. In the Settings menu, choose Security, then Set up SIM card lock. First, here's how to disable the SIM card PIN. All you have to do is to uncheck the box next to Lock SIM card, and then confirm the change by inputting the current PIN code.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

check in the phone's security setting you could have an option to disaale the sim lock pin

irst, go to Settings in your Android device's main menu. In the Settings menu, choose Security, then Set up SIM card lock. First, here's how to disable the SIM card PIN. All you have to do is to uncheck the box next to Lock SIM card, and then confirm the change by inputting the current PIN code.
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, that was it. Off must have been default setting in this and previous phones I guess.
0 Kudos