Menu
Yvonne2016
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim card problems

I signed up for Virgin Media pay monthly sim only on 21st October, my new sim card arrived Saturday but the package was soaking wet through & the sim was very wet too. I have left it to dry out til today, but when I put it in my phone it's not registering the sim. I have called customer services, spoke to someone from America who didn't seem to understand the problem, offered me a new sim for a charge of £4.99 (??) & said my monthly bill will come out on the 4th November. My new sim will arrive tomorrow, hopefully that will arrive ok but how do I go about getting my replacement sim charge taken off the account & can I get a discount on my bill as I haven't used the sim at all yet but am still going to get charged for the full month if that makes sense.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card problems

Hi Yvonne2016,

it certainly does sound mean charging you for a replacement of a SIM which has never even worked!

I would call again 789 / 0345 6000 789 and hopefully this time get connected to a more sympathetic advisor and explain just as you have here.

Good luck, let us know hoe you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yvonne2016,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you've had problems with your replacement SIM card.

Checking into this for you, I can see that you have been in touch today. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Yvonne2016
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have today got the sim working & luckily don't seem to have been charged for the replacement sim but I am still being charged from 21st October when I've only been using the sim from today.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yvonne2016,

Cheers for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that your SIM card has now started working.

I'll have a look into this for you, but I'll need to verify further details first. I will send you a private message, just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help