Menu
Edward568
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim Change - Service Degraded

This might seem like a rant but this is annoying and needs to be sorted.

What is my issue

I've been using Virgin Mobile since they created the Black Friday cracking deal which was Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Data for £20.00pm it was all working absolutely perfectly with no issues what so ever.

It all went wrong when I got a notification requesting me to change my sim card well I would more say when I put the sim card in my phone to have as Virgin Mobile's website claimed for network improvements, I accepted the notification as I believed it would provide a better service, but it hasn't.. Infact it's done nothing but degrade the service.

I have used the device today in every single area the previous sim card had been in and all services including Calls, Texts and Data have been degraded, the below issues have happened in multiple locations which are miles away from each other (Connected to a different Mast)

- Calls are crackling which a Virgin Mobile service person noticed as I was calling and moaning.

- Texts are taking longer to send, sometimes fail and ask me to re-send.

- Data ; SpeedTests are half the speeds of the previous sim in the exact same locations, 3-5 second delay in loading up webpages which again the previous sim card didn't do, The Latency is a lot higher than the previous sim, 

- Signal ; I've experienced a complete loss of 3G/4G signal today which routed to 2G which NEVER happened on the previous sim card.

To put it more simple I had a considerably better and noticeable network experience from my previous sim card which includes normal activities such as browsing the web, watching YouTube videos, sending and receiving texts, pictures and audio files through whatsapp, i'm aware it's not a network issue as it's happening in multiple areas.

How I would ideally like this to be resolved

Give a moderator or someone within Virgin Mobile my previous ICCID sim number which I am still in possession for them to re-activate instead of this sim card.

0 Kudos
ne
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Change - Service Degraded

saw your other post, what device  do you have? install 'phono' (droids) and that tells you what real network you are useing on the radio side. shows icon in notif bat. vm is using 234-30. unless something is changing.....

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
0 Kudos
ne
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_2017-12-06-18-30-50.jpg

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
0 Kudos
Edward568
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a iPhone X.

I'm assuming that's a android app? Is there a app like that on iOS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
enlli
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you have been moved over to Virgin's own infrastructure. Same radio masts on EE but everything else is now Virgin.

Some reports coming in that this is not going to plan and there are 'teething problems' with the new system.

0 Kudos