Menu
barrossa
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Signal/reception non-existent at home, Virgin sim only

I recently moved over to a Virgin sim only after spending the past 4 years with o2-(Tesco) purely as Virgin were offering a better deal mins/text/data but since the move the signal reception with my new Virgin sim only at home has borderlining on non existent.

The only place I can get a signal is at my opened front door . Worse still, if I need to send a text it will fail unless again I move to the front door and resend. I find myself constantly resending and roaming endlessly around the house fighting for a signal.

The problem I find hard to understand is , I live in a large town a mile from the town centre on a large housing estate with about 400 houses so it's not like I live rural in the outback.

I have tried the Virgin sim in other model /makes of phones thinking it might be that but they all suffer the same failings, poor or no signal. My kids are on o2 and they have medium to low signals but still they can freely move around the house without totally losing signal and send text without a hitch and they find it funny watching me every time I take a call freezing at the front door.

I was considering moving the wife and kids over from o2 to Virgin (5 in total) but at the moment this is definitely a no no. I have read that EE do sell a repeater/signal booster that works on Virgin but I don't see why I should fork out extra for this when I can simply move elsewhere.

So on this note, is there anyway I can improve the reception to the point were I can safely make a call without sounding like Norm Collier ?(for the young youtube him). If I don't get a definitive answer I shall immediately cancel my contract and go back to my old provider, less mins, less text, and less data, but at least I will be able use them.

Thank you

0 Kudos
barrossa
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal/reception non-existent at home, Virgin sim only

Does anyone have a similar problem and how did you resolve it ?. I truly can't believe that there is only me with this issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal/reception non-existent at home, Virgin sim only

Hi Barossa,

Welcome to the mobile forum Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your signal at home. I want to get to the bottom of it for you.

Are you able to PM me your full postcode so I can run some checks on your area?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the send me a message option on the right hand side.

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos