Menu
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Signal problems yet again

What is going on with Virgin Mobile?

The signal is down most of the time yet again this evening in the Croydon, Surrey area.

It was the same 2 weeks ago and when I phoned to report it, they had me turning off/ on, removing the battery etc, etc.

Was told I would receive a new sim as that must be at fault .... It wasn't the sim as the signal was back to normal 2 days later (no new sim!)

0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal problems yet again

Your not alone my friend.
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I totally sympathise. I'm looking at new networks today as have had enough of never knowing if my calls or texts will work, I understand that all networks have glitches but this has been going on too long now and when you call the helpline they claim the network is fine. Clearly the network isn't fine, I've got a new handset and a new sim and yet still calls and texts are hit and miss.

I've been a VM customer for years and never known it as bad as it is now. I do wonder whether they've become so popular that their bit on the EE network simply can't handle it anymore?

Yes my Virgin sim only deal is the best value out there so to go elsewhere will cost me more but a cheaper service is no good if it doesn't actually work!

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree with you. The SIM only deal would be a good value for money, provided it worked...

0 Kudos
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know exactly where you're coming from.  I've got a new phone & SIM card yet I know if I phoned they would say its a fault my end not theirs.  I'm even getting "not registered on the network" sporadically.  I just received an email sent 8 and a half hours ago!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi eigna,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your signal. I want to get this sorted for you. Are you able to PM me your full postcode so I can check your area out?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message option on the right hand side.

Send this over when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A bit of balance please. O2 and Tesco Mobile were down for 8 hours yesterday for many customers across the UK. Unknown reasons. Nothing is perfect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32880076

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I get that HowardML but this is becoming a regular occurrence (monthly)  and is still ongoing since Friday,

HowardML wrote:
A bit of balance please. O2 and Tesco Mobile were down for 8 hours yesterday for many customers across the UK. Unknown reasons. Nothing is perfect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32880076

So I'm talking days not hours. 

0 Kudos
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PM you Matt earlier today, went to Sutton for a few hours and had a good signal and no problems, returned home to worse than useless.  There was me, thinking of getting rid of the landline and saving some money, I wouldn't risk it now! 

Eigna

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Oh for the service to be down for just 8 hours - luxury! ;-)

Certainly for me the problems have gone on for a few months now but have finally reached a pinacle of uselessness, pretty much every day I have problems, oddly it doesnt seem to be affected by the location I'm in as much as by the time of day. Evenings are better than day times which is of course no use when I want to use my phone during the working day.

Only today I tried several times to make an outgoing call with no success. Texts I sent failed or if they did go through were received 3 or 4 times. I have called the helpline numerous times and each time they claim there is no issue with the network. Yes all networks have glitches but this is an ongoing one which Virgin persistently deny exists.