Menu
malkybck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal problems with new sim card

Hi, I got an iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago and received help on here on how to get a SIM card for it without losing my number.

My old phone was a blackberry bold. So far I've found areas where my bold had no problems getting signal is a problem for the iPhone. For example at work I would get 3G but the iPhone is struggling just to find gprs whilst I'm holding the phone, if kept still and upright it will find the 3G though. The other problem is when it's on gprs, it doesn't really work properly. Websites take much longer to load and quite often things fail to send or load, it seems also to never go above 1 bar of signal whether it's 3G or GPRS. Any ideas how to solve this?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal problems with new sim card

Hi Malky,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm pleased to hear you've received the SIM card but disappointed to hear you're having signal trouble.

Did you sister have any troubles with the phone?

Do you get the same problems at other locations?

To connect to the BT Openzone network please follow these steps:-

Settings > WiFi > Turn On > Select one you want.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
malkybck
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My sister never actually used this phone, it was a replacement from her insurance which she never took out the box as we bought a new phone instead. I've found the signal isn't as strong at home either but the main problems are at work.

Interestingly though today I haven't had a problem - the only differences are that I now have a charger case on the phone and it's horrible weather today. It has found 3G all day albeit on one bar again, and the wifi has worked most of the day too Smiley Happy

I'll see how it does over the next few days? Do you think it's a phone issue rather than the SIM card?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malky,

Thanks for your prompt reply. It's encouraging to hear there's been an improvement.

I find it interesting when you say you struggle to find GPRS when holding the phone. That would suggest you may be covering the antenna with your hand which isn't really useful as that's the purpose of a phone.

I would make sure the phone is running the latest operating system first and see how you go with that. You can download this from iTunes.

Please keep a close eye on things and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos