Menu
swyftie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal at home

When I first moved to my current address I had no signal when indoors, this was with 3 mobile. Virgin were offering me a good deal at the time so I accepted it, when I called 3 to cancel they offered me a free signal booster if I sign a new contract with them but I declined. 

For over two years I have now been with Virgin Mobile and had the same issue which isn't great as I am often on call. I recently discovered while being visited by a friend that his Vodafone has full signal when he visits me. A check on the ofcom site also confirmed that only Vodafone and O2 give good indoor signal in my area  

I am now, as a result looking to move to Vodafone after changing all three of my Virgin Mobile contracts to 'rolling contracts'. Is the signal booster something that Virgin will offer to keep me on, for which I would happily sign a new contract, or is now the time I change to Vodafone?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Signal at home

Hi swyftie,

unfortunately there is no device available for Virgin Mobile Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi swyftie,

unfortunately there is no device available for Virgin Mobile Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

swyftie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I figured as much. 

Guess it is time to cancel yet another Virgin service that doesn't work properly for me any more :-/

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

swyftie wrote:

I figured as much. 

Guess it is time to cancel yet another Virgin service that doesn't work properly for me any more :-/

Also Three will let you make and receive calls and text at home using WiFi. no need for a booster box.

I have poor reception on all networks in my house but just used wifi to renew my car insurance this morning as it is cheaper to call on my mobile than my landline!