Menu
i_r_brown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should I receive warning texts as I approach my data allowance usage ?

I was quite surprised by the amount of my bill this month as I had blasted through my data allowances and have been charged £1 a day for several days, however I didn't receive any warning texts about this which I used to do as I received such a message last June. So the question is, are VM still generating these texts ?

0 Kudos
Smurf1
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should I receive warning texts as I approach my data allowance usage ?

A thread elsewhere in this forum would suggest vm do not have this facility nor have they done in the past.

0 Kudos
i_r_brown
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Brainbox. I definitely used to receive these texts, from 789789 with the format "Hello! You've used up xx% of your yy for this month. To keep tabs on your spending, just go to http://m.virginmedia.com/account"

Where

xx = 75, 95, 100

and

yy = "Mobile Web allowance" or "any-network minutes".

So I guess my question is, has anyone else received these notifications texts recently, or have VM stopped sending them ?

0 Kudos
i_r_brown
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Response from Virgin:

I have reset this service on your account. Although we do offer this service, we don't advise to solely rely on it for monitoring allowances.

There are plenty of other ways where you can monitor your allowances to ensure you are not exceeding. These include ;

• Dialling 789 and selecting option 1
  • Texting the word 'BALANCE' to 789789
  • Checking your online account
  • Downloading our free app called 'Virgin Mobile My Account

0 Kudos
AmberMan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been a customer for a month and received 3 texts at 2.05am this morning stating, in order that I had used 75%, then 90% and finally 100% of my data usage.

Really helpful!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AmberMan wrote:

I've been a customer for a month and received 3 texts at 2.05am this morning stating, in order that I had used 75%, then 90% and finally 100% of my data usage.

How much inclusive data do you pay for, and how much do you think you should have used?

Trying to work out if you're upset about the timing of the messages, or if you don't think you've used that much data. Could do with a bit more clarification.

0 Kudos