Menu
Richgee1976
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shocking customer service!

My LG G3 developed a fault 4 weeks ago. Spoke to an advisor who arranged for it to be collected and repaired. Received handset back 2 weeks later unrepaired advising the imei number didn't match the imei registered. I was shocked to read this as the handset I sent back was the one I received when opening the contract.

Spoke to an advisor who told me that when dispatching my handset that a mistake had been made and the wrong imei number had been allocated to my account. She assured me it would be updated and that returns bag would be sent. That was on the 9th April. On the 13th April I called again as the returns bag hadn't been received. I was told that the bag would be with me by 15th April. That day arrived and still no returns bag. I called again on the 15th April and was then told the imei hadn't been updated and can take up to 14 working days to be updated! As you can imagine, after having no handset for 4 weeks I was unhappy with the timescales quoted. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold for 20 minutes to then be told no supervisor was free and that I'd receive a callback. That callback didn't happen.

I then called back on the 16th April and spoke to a supervisor. This call lasted about 45 minutes before I was placed on hold but the line went dead!

I called back again today and yet again I was told the imei number hadn't been updated and that I just had to wait for it to happen. Again I was told 14 days to do this.

The service I've received is terrible. Through no fault of my own based on the timescales quoted I'll have had no phone for over 2 months. 4 weeks after I reported the fault I'm still no closer to a resolution. I'm sat here waiting for a callback which I don't think will happen.I await comments with interest!

0 Kudos
Richgee1976
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking customer service!

3 hours later and surprise, surprise no callback. I've spent about 6 hours on the phone trying to sort this. Virgin, pull your finger out and get this sorted!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Probably wont help gee things up, but at this point you really should consider a deadlock letter- WHICH has a template

HERE

And I'm sure CAB have something similair.

That way if the deadline expires without them sorting it out, at least you have the option of legitimately exiting the contract without penalty.

Staff will likely pick your thread up after the weekend and escalate for you, but belt and braces and all that...

Richgee1976
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still no callback! I suggest that the Virgin Advisor who monitors this forum escalate my issue with immediate effect!

0 Kudos
Richgee1976
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So after another hour on the phone I'm still no further to resolving this. Plus it would appear my request for help on this forum from a Virgin representative has also fell on deaf ears. This whole experience is scandalous! Deadlock letter will be in the past tomorrow. Warning to any potential customers - if you have any problems with your handset/tariff don't expect it to be resolved satisfactorily or in a timely fashion. Don't expect callbacks to be be made to you. Do expect to have to pay your bill even though you're not receiving the service/handset that you are paying for. As soon as I can my contract will be cancelled (along with my other Virgin services) and I'll NEVER use Virgin again!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi richgee1976,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with getting your phone fixed. I want to look into this for you as soon as possible. 

So I can get on the case, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can read this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Richgee1976
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So it's now almost 6 weeks since I reported the fault with the phone. The imei issue was established 15 days ago. The supervisor I spoke to last week told me it would be a maximum of 14 days to resolve. The advisor I spoke to today said its a minimum of 14 days. Somebody isn't telling me the truth. Virgin clearly think it's acceptable to lie to paying customers. Not only that the advisor cut off the call whilst I was on hold for a supervisor. No callback received as clearly nobody wants to take ownership. Matt H - you sent me a PM last Wednesday saying you'd look into this. That was 4 days ago and to date, no update from you. Virgin are a complete joke. You expect me to pay my bill? No chance. No money will be paid until I have the handset and service I pay you for.

0 Kudos