Menu
Trish987
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Shocking and appalling service from Virgin Mobile

I phoned and cancelled my pay monthly contract in March 2015.   I was told there would be 30 days notice which was fine and after that the contract would be closed.    I have received letters and phone calls form Virgin saying I haven't paid my bill.  I tried to phone and waited for over 20 minutes only to be cut off when I was being put through to a different department.   I then relieved a phone call a few weeks ago and told the representative that I didn't owe anything and the contract should be closed and he agreed.   I have now received notification that I have a black mark in my credit file because I have outstanding payments and I don't.    I have tried to get in touch with someone sensible and cannot reach anyone via phone.  There are no ways to email complaints, I tried to do the online chat only to be told there was no one available,    I'm completely fed up with Virgin, and going to see a solicitor to take legal advice because I don't see why I should have a black mark on my credit file when I've done nothing wrong.    I will post my experience on every social network site I possible can to warn people of Virgin.

gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking and appalling service from Virgin Mobile

Totally agree with you, it's the foreign call centres that are the worst they tell you exactly what you want to hear never mind the consequences! It's like if your happy at the end of the phone call they get points and what the hell it's someone else's problem next time.

I hope you get it sorted out I'm having problems myself at the moment with "Call centre promises"

Gemma X 

Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trish987,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've experienced a bad service with us. Appreciate this is frustrating.

Id like to get this looked into for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get collect some information from you.

Look forward to your hearing from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Trish987
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't believe this is still ongoing! Latest events .... Received form to complete from complaints team, returned it with all the details, had a call apologising and accepting Virgin were in the wrong and I didn't owe them money. They agree to put right my credit agency record and close account and I would receive an email confirming. Never received email, credit agency still shows a marker saying I didn't pay and then I get a text saying your account balance this month is £10.65 which will be taken by DD!!!! I didn't take action cos I am fed up with crap Virgin and knew my DD was cancelled with them bank. Virgin also knew that so guess what? They set a new one without my authority and took £10 from my bank!!!! Going to a solicitor and reporting them to FSA for abusing Direct Debit regulations! Wish Virgin would just leave me alone - especially after confirming I don't owe them any money!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trish987,

Many thanks for keeping us updated.

I sincerely apologise the problem with trying to cancel your account is still ongoing. This is terribly frustrating especially as you've been told it was supposed to be cancelled.

I'd like to help with this matter. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am concerned at what I have just read if they did another DD on your account without you knowing and took money this is theft surely?

0 Kudos
Fuzzy1
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm also concerned about Virgin setting up another DD after one has been cancelled.

After failing to negotiate a slight improvement on a new contract at the beginning of July I decided to ask for my PAC code from Virgin on the 4th July and go to a new network (I had been with Virgin mobile for about 13 years). After receiving my PAC code and passing it on to my new network, I expected to be ported over with my number within a few days. Well here we are on the 12th August and it still hasn't happened!! I still cannot receive phone calls on my new network/phone, I have to carry around 2 phones, both with the same number!. I have cancelled my direct debit with Virgin as I shouldn't have an account with them anymore, when I have tried to speak to 'customer service' agent, they put the phone down on me (and I didn't shout/swear or call names, but I was irritated).

Will this ever get resolved?? My new network have raised a global network question over this, but even they can't get it sorted!!

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have heard this before seems to be a common issue with VM I will be in touch with Ofcom and my press contacts to see what can be done, I hear to many people complaining about customer services putting the phone down on sometimes long term customers and other things 

0 Kudos