Menu
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Shocking Customer Service

So I call the mobile department with regards to ask if I disconnect my internet and landline, will I get an increase on my mobile bill. 

So the agent I speak to replies 'we are separate from the Virgin Media internet and home phone service' My reply 'yes, I understand that, but is their any discount on my mobile bill due to me having other VM services?' 

Agent replies 'this is the billing department, I would need to transfer you for that question to be answered'

So I am thinking what! She is telling me she cannot look to see if I have any discount applied on my mobile bill currently and if it would increase if I disconnect some services?! AND she is from billing!

So I ask her again the same question and inform her politely that she has not answered it.

She then say's 'would you like me to repeat myself so you perhaps can understand the second time?'

What!? Then she starts shouting and talking over me, at which point I state that I hope this call is being recorded so it can be heard by her line manager. She hangs up on me!

Now I know that this is horrible, rude and in no way any level of customer service. And to make matters worse she hangs up on me. Of which I also know that the agents are not supposed to do this, and she would have to have  mouse clicked to have hung up the call.

So a question I would like answered by a VM representative. Do YOU think this is customer service?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking Customer Service

Virgin Mobile pay monthly customers who have Virgin Broadband/TV/Landline get free Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile calls. That's it.

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect. I was told (when I called back) and spoke to a second person that I get £5 off my mobile bill for having broadband and landline.

Any VM employee care to back me up and the agent I spoke to on the phone??

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think there was a time in the past when there was a discount for Broadband customers but that is a long time gone.

Its just free Virgin to Virgin calls these days. 

You may get someone from the team answer you on here, but as a rule they don't do account queries.

If you are thinking of getting rid of your Broadband/landline why stick with Virgin for your mobile?  Check how many minutes and data you get for your money and see if you can better it elsewhere

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I started my mobile contract in January 2015, so pretty sure it still applies. Also I was told by a second person I get a £5 discount yesterday. But then again I can't believe one person to the next in them call centres of late, so would be in their interest to answer me on here. That way more people can see how they contradict themselves.

So yeah, I am contracted on my mobile until January of 2017.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try going initiating the order process on the web store and show everyone with VM broadband how to get £5 discount rather than free virgin-virgin calls. "Pretty sure" doesn't cut it.

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The point here is not what the web page currently say's but the response (or lack of) I got from the call centre. 

To restate, I took out my mobile contract in January 2015, so clearly their is every chance that discount's change from time to time. Therefore looking at the webpage for any current offer's for new customer's is not going to 'cut it'.

As a note to everyone else. I have just checked my online bill, and it states (after time searching)that I do get a ''£5 Media Discount''. Something that the call centre should of been able to tell me!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TBH I don't really care what your point is. I stated a fact, you declared it incorrect, I provided a way for you to see that I was correct.

I can see that you're trying to point out that you've been lied to, but antagonising people who are trying to help isn't the way to go.

For what it's worth, I've had call-recording software on my mobile for three years, and it was prompted by the porkies I was told by the Virgin telephony agent to win the business.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi defected_sound

Thanks for your post, I'm really sorry to hear about your recent experience when you called us.

I can confirm that any discount you received when signing up to your mobile contract would remain in place for the remainder of that contract term even if you cancelled the cable services for any reason.

As some of the community has mentioned, our current range of tariffs don't offer a discount for Virgin Media customers (as the reduced rates are now available to everyone) but there's exclusive Virgin to Virgin (mobile) calls available as an added bonus for customers who have all cable services with us too.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos