Menu
alisonc7148
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Setting up picture/ MMS messaging

Hi

My new (ish) mobile phone - A Microsoft Lumia 650 -  will not accept picture messages.  I have been on the mobile suport page online and put in all the info via Settings to set up but its still not working. There are a couple of boxes on the setting page on my phone which it is asking for information that I don't have - MMSC (URL)  and MMSC port.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ali x

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up picture/ MMS messaging

The Virgin settings on this page should give you the info, just choose which windows software version you have :-)
http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/virgin-apn-settings#windows%20phone%208.1
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
markpotts
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up picture/ MMS messaging

Hi Alison

I'm assuming that your data/internet connection works okay and that you just have a problem with MMS. If so, I've just done the following on a Lumia 930 and it worked:

1. Settings/Network & Wireless/Mobile & SIM/SIM Settings: Delete the Virgin MMS APN setting if you already created one whilst following the online instructions.
  2. Using the standard text message app, send a photo to yourself. The photo should appear twice in the conversation: the one you sent and the one you received.
  3. Go to a picture message that you previously couldn't download and try it again.

Someone on Windows Central shared this after he got his Lumia 920 working. Worked for me too.

Good luck.

0 Kudos