Menu
dennis5252
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sending recievers multiple texts

In the last couple of days my Samsung J5 has started sending friends multiple texts to my contacts,the record is 8 for one message,ie I send a friend one text but they receive more than one

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending recievers multiple texts

Hi dennis5252,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your handset sending one text and the receiver receives multiple texts.

Please try the following checks/resets:

• Is your handset is displaying the correct date and time settings? If not, please update settings.
  • Perform a manual network selection on your handset. If you need assistance with this, please see our following online Help & Support page for handset settings: Virgin Mobile phone support then under Network click on How do I manually search for mobile networks?
  • Reset the message centre number: Under Messaging click on How do I find and edit the Message Centre number?
  • Try your SIM card in a different handset. Are the multiple texts still being received?

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos