Menu
bobfletcher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sending SMS texts comes back with Message Send Failure

I can't send SMS texts, tried SIM in 2 handsets, same result, Virgin tells me service is activated, any ideas?

0 Kudos
MrA1
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending SMS texts comes back with Message Send Failure

I've just started having the same issue on messages that are longer than 160 characters long. Everything had been ok before. Are your messages long or short?

0 Kudos
claire88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mine's exactly the same.  Been texting fine until about 15 minutes ago.

0 Kudos
cc1979
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mine stopped working about 9pm too.  Spent over an hour on the phone to Virgin Mobile, very nice girl but she didn't have a clue what was going on.  Did a factory reset, hard reset (removing battery) and nothing works.  It's not a phone thing, it's a Virgin thing.  Her resolution was she'll get someone from tech to contact me.  I probably won't get to answer their call due to being at work, just hope they'll sort whatever it is for everyone.  If anyone gets a fix pls let me know, thanks :-)

0 Kudos
cc1979
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This seems to have been resolved now, I just tested by sending a text over 160 characters and it went through OK. Hope everyone else is fixed now too.

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same issues for the past few days. Still doesn't work for me, I have to resend 2-3 times before it goes through.

I'm tired of their customer support team, always advising people to factory reset, remove battery, etc.: when are VM going to realise that their network needs sorting, not the users' phones?!...

0 Kudos
cc1979
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi packit,

I completely agree!  The advisor on the phone last night seemed to be following a set of steps that she would not deviate from, despite me mentioning this thread where other people reported the same issue.  I knew a hard reset wasn't going to resolve a network problem, but would she listen!  Thanks to that I've now lost a heap of data.  Thank goodness I had backed up my contacts to Google.  Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobfletcher,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties sending SMS text messages.

It appears we had a couple of issues in certain area's yesterday looking at the faults that have been open and closed over the last 24hrs.

How is your service today? Are you able to send ok now?

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bobfletcher
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No, still can't send SMS messages. Its not the handset as I get the same result if I put the SIM into my old Nokia handset or in my iPhone5. Apparently, according to Virgin, SMS texts are configured and switched on for my service.  It looks to me as if I have a faulty SIM as SMS texts used to work on the SIM I had before I paid £5 for a new nano SIM to use in my IPhone.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobfletcher,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If the SIM is replicating the same issue on two different handsets it would indicate a potential issue with the SIM.

I think your best option at this point is to give us a call on 789.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos