Menu
rodneyG
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Second mobile number lost from on-line account

Call-centre told me today I would have to set up a new account with a different email address!  They said this was due to a security update on 27 March.  "Add second number" does not connect on web page.  This problem is not new per other forum posts.  When will Virgin sort this problem?  There are plenty of people out there who have 2, 3 or 4 mobile phones!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second mobile number lost from on-line account

Hi RodneyG,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with viewing your mobile account. I want to get this all sorted for you. Can you let me know if both the numbers are registered to the same name?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kathste
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Same happened to me. I have 3 numbers that were all linked to one account. Now can only access the main account on line. I rang 789 and after waiting 20 minutes for them to answer was informed that I would have to set up separate accounts for each number. Tried to do that but can't use same  e mail and then got message that I need to ring 789 to set up security answer. That would mean another how long on the phone to set up two separate accounts with security. Very poor situation and frustrating to say the least. Perhaps time to look elsewhere. Why does a supposed upgrade make things so more difficult?

0 Kudos
Bobsie
Just joined
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Same for me. 3rd mobile number disappeared  from account but I am not surprised. I have been trying to upgrade phones since mid Jan and the systems have given one issue after another. Just received a text on latest effort made last Wednesday which says maybe in another 5 days! Have spent over 8 hours on phone sorting one problem after another. Don't know why I am bothering to carry on except it seems all hat time would be wasted if I quit now.!  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with linking another account to yours.

If the account you're trying to link isn't under your name, I'm afraid this willl no longer be possible for security reasons

You would need to register the account under a different email address if the account isn't under your name.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
kathste
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for the info.

However, all 3 accounts are in my name and paid by 3 seperate direct debits all in my name. When I log in now to my main account and try to add the 2 other numbers I get the message that you can only add pay as you go to the account. It all worked fine before the upgrade. Most frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Kathste Smiley Happy

Our team are aware of this fault. We're working hard to ensure this is sosrted as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
lilnut
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Same here! 2 phones, both in my name, only the one my son uses is showing up on my account. Tried to add a number, nothing happens, or (on mobile web) I get a msg about only being able to add PAYG phones to my acct. Tried to register again, and nothing happens, accept a new captcha code generating. My main phone is the one deleted my from my account. Sooo annoying.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lilnut,

Thanks for your post. We're aware of the issues of adding Pay monthlys in your name. I'm really sorry for any trouble caused on our part.

Are you able to re-attempt at registering with a different email address?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
lilnut
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I don't want them under a separate email address! I can't even get passed the point where you put in your phone number! I put in the code, it refreshes the page, deletes my number and generates a new code.
0 Kudos