Menu
simon2308
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Save £1 on your monthly bill - when is this a valid offer?

I received a text from VirginMedia on the 8th of April offering a monthly discount of £1 if I switched to a 12 month contract. Not a lot of money, but as they say every little helps, so I texted a response to the given number 80159 and received a text from VirginMedia thanking me and saying they would be in contact within 30 days and stating "you'll start saving next month". 

Well the month has come and gone so I phone customer support. After a fair amount of discussion they told me the text did not apply to me. I only have one VirginMedia account so I'm not sure why it does not apply given they have all my account details.

Are they correct and if so how many other people have had the same experience? Not good a good approach to customer services making an offer only to deny it later.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Save £1 on your monthly bill - when is this a valid offer?

Have they switched you to a 12 month contract, though?

If so, you have a case to get your discount. If not, you're no worse off than before, other than any charges they made for your texted reply.

0 Kudos
simon2308
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Save £1 on your monthly bill - when is this a valid offer?

Hi, thanks for drawing my attention to check my contract. They have indeed got a change pending, from my current 1250 minutes and 500mb of data which cost me £8 it looks like I'm being switched to an unlimited call and 4GB of data for £14! This is most certainly something I don't want to happen. I'll call them in the morning and get it reversed.

Quite appalling customer service..save £1 a month by switching to a 12 month contract only to get your bill increased to £14 for something you don't want without being asked.

0 Kudos