Menu
Debbiepot
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samsung galaxy S3 mini no longer syncs with outlook since upgrade so no contacts or calander - help

Hi today I had to upgrade outlook on my Samsung galaxy S3 as old version was unsupported but it no longer syncs with my calander or contacts which are vital features I use to organise my day, send texts or phone and use the addresses with google maps. Please help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung galaxy S3 mini no longer syncs with outlook since upgrade so no contacts or calander ...

Hi Debbiepot,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had issues syncing your contacts after a recent update to your handset.

Im not familar with this issue but a quick googele search found numerous sites and forums where others have experieinced similar issues.

Here's a set of instructions from one of these sites which seemed to help some. 

Go into settings
Select more 
Select Application Manager 
make sure you are under the tab all 
Contacts Storage (NOT “Contacts”), select it, then choose “Clear Data” and OK.
Go into your contacts and they should start to sync (or check the Account Properties for the Google Account and do a sync)

Hope this helps

Let me know how you get on
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Debbiepot
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung galaxy S3 mini no longer syncs with outlook since upgrade so no contacts or calander ...

Hi

tried this but no joy.

Also all my data i put into my s planner has disapeared but is still on outlook calander which it used to sync with. I am very cross that it wiped it of the s planner which is where it was originally inputed

Very anoying as all client details are on planner including addresses so google used to tell me what time I needed to leave in order to get there on time taking into account current traffic conditions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Debbiepot,

Thanks for your reply.

Gutted that didn't work for you.

Looking around the web again some have suggested a factory reset of the handset which would wipe the phone completely so backing up your contact details and pictures etc would need to be done so you don't lose anything.  

I've included our handset guide here for you. This has various walk through's for numerous handsets if you decide to try the factory reset.

There's no much else I could suggest going forward. You may get an answer from someone on the community but this may take a while. Your best option is to Google search the issue as I did and do some further research into the problem. It appears this issue mainly occurs when the handset is updated.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos