Menu
flenno
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S6 device overheating and not charging

Hi. My Samsung S6 has started indicating that it overheating and has stopped charging. I've had it for about 6 months and not had any problems previously. Are there any quick fixes or do I need to send it back to Virgin as it's still under warranty? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung S6 device overheating & not charging

From what i can see online, it's a common issue caused and is supposedly caused by using intensive apps for too long, such as this page discusses: http://www.technobezz.com/how-to-fix-galaxy-s6-overheating-issue/

Have you tried any of the things mentioned in the linked article already or not?

It also links to this page: http://www.technobezz.com/why-does-my-android-phone-gets-hot-and-overheat/ - which discusses it in more depth.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Call 789 and go through the repair process, the battery is covered by the gtee, physical and water damage is not, it will take about two weeks from you calling in, provided there are no issues

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi flenno,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Samsung S6. It's great to see that both Shelke and J0hn have been able to give you advice about this.

Checking into this, I can see that you called in about this. Were we able to sort this out for you? Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi flenno,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

flenno
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In response to query about booking in mobile for repairs - what an incredibly difficult & frustrating process. Eight phone calls to the Virgin centre, and it's still not sorted. Incredibly poor customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flenno,

Thank you for coming back so soon on this. I'm very sorry to learn that this isn't resolved just yet and that there have been quite a few calls to us about this.

I would like to know at which point are you with the phone being fixed, is the phone with us?

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
flenno
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Afraid not Ben. I called the support team again last Saturday and only constructive suggestion from them was to bring it to a Virgin Media shop which I did yesterday and was advised by them they couldn't touch it. I have not been in touch with your complaints team and am awaiting a call - though sadly they couldn't say when this might be! I'm very unhappy about (1) the support provided by the Virgin team who seem to know nothing about mobile phones, don't listen and pass on excuses that their IT or technical team is working on the error that prevents my mobile from being logged in for a repair (apparently it takes 4 days to get a response from either team which I find unbelievable) and (2) I've now been without an operational mobile for best part of a month but am still required to pay my Virgin bill this month. I just find the level of aftercare Virgin has provided unacceptable. All I want is to have my mobile logged in for a repair or replaced. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flenno,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I'm sorry that there's not been the result you were looking for. When you ventured to the nearest stor, did they mention the reason why they were unable to book the repair for you?

I have been in touch with the mobile team and they have informed me that you can certainly call in, however I'd like to help. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Take care

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flenno Smiley Happy

Cheers for the reply so soon Smiley Happy

I would like to help and will get one of the guys to give you a call before 9:30am on Thursday. This will probably be around 8:30 as to ensure we get to you before you are off to work Smiley Happy

I hope this helps and please take care.

Ben

0 Kudos