Menu
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S6 Locked

Noticed a few threads about samsung S6's being locked and the codes not working but none have the fix on them?

Basically I have been getting the run around for 3 months and still no where near getting it fixed.

Phone been off to repair centre where they said a fault was found and fixed yet when I put an o2 sim card in it still asks for a code. The codes supplied says unsuccessful first tiem and sucessful second time off entering yet will not pick up teh network. Rest phone and it goes back to the start.. called cust care when it came back and advised to go in store for help after 30 minutes of various (same test as always) tests. So half day off work and a 90 minute trip to nearest store thinking finally it would get sorted. Either they could do something but if not I would either get a replacement handset or eqivillant value one (as basically through not supplying what I should have had) as I have a £768 phone that basically is worthless to me.  Get to store where they all locked shocked to see me as they can do nothing all bar sit me in the corner of the store and put me through to cust service again. Then they run same tests and pass me through to a second line team how like the shop have no idea why I was put through as they also can not help bar send off another Phambulance......  That is just todays saga that has been ongoing since start of the year.. All I want is what I paid for and was advised I should have.....

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung S6 Locked

dont hold your breath for a call back - hens teeth are not as rare

will flag this and hopefully get Terri or someone back

@ModTeam can someone pick this up - Terri was on the case - offered to help if OP still had problems but has not been back

Tony

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi hubbs91,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you are having ongoing problems getting your handset unlocked. Have you had an update on this since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sadly the situation gets worse...

After being told to go to store for no reason the phone went back to the technical centre.

Picked it up yesterday  and same letter.

We have found a fault and fixed it etc.. All that was done is a factory reset and issue still there  asking for a code and then into the cycle of not working first time taking it second time but not getting further etc.

So call up and spend 35 minutes on a call to be told

" the technical center is not authorised to help unlockling a phone"

What???! so why has it been there twice and second time was told it had to be looked at by a senior tech form specilist samsung team in the centre, the same that added a samsubg checklist the first time.

What everyone is failing to grasp is it should not be even asking for a code in teh first place. So call passed to custumer retention and speaking to themn for 30 minutes and she forgets to put clal on hold.. I hera "I can not deal with this as too complicated" no guesses what happens next!!! so call back again and spent 30 mins on line to retentions who can offer no solution as they say it can not go to technical support and all avenues on codes tried.

So I ask (and bare in mind this has been ongoing since new year) either a replacement. equivillent handset or refund. None of which they say they can do as no code on there sheets. They advise a complaint has been opened and I will get a call this morning.... So far nothing

Please can someone take ownership and make a customer focussed decision on the options and stop pushing me from piller to post.. I have spent almost £40 on phone calls, £30 on a train ticket for a wasted trip plus countless hours on the phone to try and get what I paid for an unlocked handset. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it may be cheaper to see if one of those phone repair and unlocking shops can do it.

Shouldn't have to, but may save your sanity.

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It is still under warrenty and do not want to void it.
And I should not have to..
Looking back in forum someone else had the saem issue and tried that and it failed...Looks like a small batch issue of S6's.
0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Another 24 hours gone and no call back as promised..... I always remembered the VM values, what ever happened to Heartfelt Service???
0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

todays update.. called customer service and now told its 5 days to get the call back... Wish they said that on Wednesday as another few quid wasted that could have been avoided.
0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still heard nothing from VM on this issue... Have raised in mean time with Samsung who confirm its a fault so VM should be handling.....Is there a pro active why of speaking to the complaints team and should it be them dealing with a fault and laws around a fault??? still very frustrated.

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Update
Still not heard a thing from virgin.
Samsung closed their case as nothing they can do. Spoke CAB and checked the sales of goods act with them and Confirmed rights. It's an oncoming knightmare.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

dont hold your breath for a call back - hens teeth are not as rare

will flag this and hopefully get Terri or someone back

@ModTeam can someone pick this up - Terri was on the case - offered to help if OP still had problems but has not been back

Tony